We collate all the best reviews from around the Internet so you can view them in one place
Review by Chris10 years ago
I have put this review in tripadvisor as well!
I booked into this hotel with very low expectations after reading many reviews on trip advisor. It started on a bad note when I reached the check in desk at 1.30 and was informed that I will have to wait until 2 to check in or pay Euro 10 for checking in early. I would have been more at ease if they didn't give me the Euro 10 option. But I decided to wait for another 30 minutes to save Euro 10 - but then spent it at the bar downstairs during the time. However, the hotel offered to take care of the luggage free while we waited for 2pm. There was a queue at 2pm for checking in with the staff trying hard to manage the rush.
1. Great room, spacious for a city center hotel, very clean and tidy
2. The bed was fantastic, very comfy
3. Big TV, but I hardly used it
4. parking is free - great for city centre!
5. The location is right at the city center. The spire is a 2 minutes walk. Right beside Luas, Dart and the Northern side train services.
6. Decent decor
1. The shower handle came off when i tried to turn it on.. i fixed it myself..
2. you could hear the trains rumbling.. but it isn't too bad...unless you can sleep only in complete silence
3. No lift from the entrance to the reception.. i saw a few elderly people struggling there..
4. You should allow at least 30 minutes leverage for people to check in early than charging Euro 10 for the privilege
5. The door locking system stopped working and i couldn't enter my room at about 10 at night.. The phone outside on the 4th floor was not working, so i had to walk all the way to the reception. However, the reception apologized and was very helpful.Called a guy immediately who fixed it. Another bad memory for me.
If you want a place to sleep for exploring the city - this is just perfect. For me, staying just the night, this was just fine. The sound of the trains were feeble and did not bother me. But if you are looking for a place to meditate and relax and spend a lot of time in the hotel, you might find better places outside the city.
Sourced from Trustpilot
Northstarhotel is rated 3.0 based on
Write A Review
(It only takes 30 seconds!)
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about northstarhotel.ie.