Customer Service was amazing. We have had several models over the years and each has performed amazing. Customer service has always done more than expected. Cannot say enough about this company. Thank you!!
Review by Jephtah7 months ago
Be aware that you will need to replace the battery after 2 or 3 years. Mine lasted 2 1/2 years. after paying 600 for the v8 absolute Im not happy about it and instead of owning up to it, dyson tried to say its my fault because I didn't clean the filters right. People all over the net are saying the same thing about the battery. If you aren't willing to shell out $129 plus tax and shipping every couple of years, I wouldn't bother to buy one. If i knew this when I bought mine, I wouldn't have. While it worked it was great though.
Review by Ruffin Seetharamu7 months ago
We have owned several of the cord free Dyson models. They have all performed extremely well. Customer Service has been incredible with any issues that arise and exceeded our expectations. We are very happy customers and love the products they make!
Review by Mr Benson8 months ago
We recently purchased the v11. The vacuum is by far the best model yet and performs excellent across all surfaces. Perfect for pets, small and medium jobs. Dyson support has been great and their sales staff is amazing.
Review by Danlynn1 year ago
I have had many cordless vac's that break right away. My Dyson is awesome and the warranty worked well when we had a broken part.
Review by Anzel2 years ago
Just ordered their Fan/ heater for my in laws who are elderly and finding this summer heat too much to handle! ( spent £60 extra for the dual purpose version as we all know Btish Weather is Fickle!) I personally have always used a DYSON vacuum as we have cats and dogs and it is the only machine fit for the job of dealing with pet hair! Also the high price is offset by the fact that mine have lasted for years and years of hard use with great customer service stepping in and sorting any issues! The fan is an instant success. It was delivered to their door for Free by Noon the next day after I placed the order! I already has changed their lives from being lethargic and uncomfortable to feelin happy and less stressed. It is Not and air conditioner which some people seem to expect. It is a beautifully designed tower of breeze that does what it says "on the tin!"I imagine the heater mode will also be efficient too!
Review by Cowboys Reib2 years ago
Quick response, even on a Saturday, very knowledgeable lady in customer service, asked about the best buy. She explained the models and when I said I needed two vacuums, she gave me a little bit extra discount. The prices were the same as the lowest I had seen elsewhere, but included £50 worth of extra tools (2 x 50) and free 24hr delivery. The transaction could not have been easier and the best value around, so suggest you check it out and maybe DEAL DIRECT.
Review by Chupita Middelthon2 years ago
Checkout was speedy and customer service was very helpful with any issues.
Review by Bones Sevshek3 years ago
Excellent customer service!!
Review by Philli3 years ago
Very quick delivery good prices
Review by Visessak3 years ago
I ordered an upright vaccum from dyson.Com website at checkout AFTER all info was entered including my CC info I was given a msg that in "order failed". No additional explanation. I started the order again from the beginning....same respons
Review by Fitfoods4 years ago
I bought a cordless/ bagless V6 vacuum which was somewhat expensive than in a big shop.
It takes up no floor space owing to the wall mount, is light for powerless me, and easy to use for busy me. Also it's ok to remove and wash the filter once a month. In fact, I've used all sorts of vacuums such as robot, steam, initial bagless type, big cylinder with endless cord etc. Finally I found the one just right for me. Only shortcoming is it's not powerful enough to remove blind dust, other than the illustration.
Review by LinEcc5 years ago
Excellent product. My vacuum did need to get serviced once but it was more needing a good cleaning. It wasn't actually broken. I would consider Oreck too next time.
Review by Kikoo5 years ago
These sweepers are powerful as had a great one before this for years that almost sucked up the rug!
This one I bought as now have sever back problems and other health problems so hoped it would be light and easy to use which it is.
Another plus is can use the other attachment in car.
This sweeper is great for thin to medium thick rugs but on down side would not work on plush rugging but you will be surprised to see what all it picks up !
For my situation this is perfect ! And can use every day with no lugging as so light and easy.Great light weight cordless sweeper!
Review by Cantina Grimmett5 years ago
Purchased this Dyson DC21 canister type "Stowaway" model, basically due to all of the problems/issues I had with the upright model (gave to my son), thinking this would be easier/handier to convert back and forth from carpet nozzle vacuuming to hose/furniture vacuuming. Unfortunately, this model also comes with many problems of its own so does not necessarily compensate for the problems/issues in having the upright and these include the following:
1. The electrical cord is terribly and painfully short (about 15' feet), which is just way too short in my experience, therefore having to constantly unplug the vacuum to re-plug into a closer outlet location (doesnt reach from hallway to far end of bedroom or office or from kitchen to far end of dining room), it gets to be very annoying because this happens every few mins or so of going along - I vacuum dining room and then have to unplug/replug to do half of a short hallway, and unplug/re-plug again to do bedroom across the hall from plug-in. It's just way too short. Why can't it be as long as the upright model, probably because it has a retracting cord function using a button for the cord to be retracted to (and from), inside the canister unit. After having to keep bending down to unplug, move and re-plug in, I'd actually prefer having to manually wind the cord than having it retract, which is already very slow, and cord has to be pretty much completely straight. So, the cord retraction does not compensate for the extreme shortness of the cord. After a few years, it doesnt even retract at all so we just leave it out.
2. As you are vacuuming along and if you are going in a forward motion, you have to pull or tug on the hose to pull the vacuum along, which is all well and good, if only it would roll in the direction pulled. Instead of rolling straight forward, because the hose is "off-set" on the right side of the unit/canister, it also does NOT roll straight, but veers to the right, therefore when pulling or tugging you actually have to extend arm fully and get the hang of directing it, which is hard on my back and shoulder and even still most of the time doesn't make it go straight so have to step back bend down to manually guide it properly together with having to prod it with your foot, and even still the vacuum wants to go off to the right, so you literally bend down to pick it up and set it down a foot in front of itself - what's the point of having a canister unit if it doesn't roll along with you in a straight line. This is not the only problem this causes, because of its veering off to the right when you pull along on the hose as you're vacuuming, it keeps hitting other furniture, walls, corners, and therefore I have little dents and scuffs in all of these areas, eg. my coffee table legs, dining table legs, chair legs, walls and corners are either dented or paint chipped off, anywhere that is not cushioned, so you have to take extra care, caution and extra bending to pick up and move the unit by the handle at the floor level, rather than it follow along with you. So, that's a major pain (literally), would be hard for elderly, pregnant, or any minor issues or disability. My mom used it at my house and was surprised how much she hated it. And she didnt even have to empty it, thats another drawback.
3. Due to the constant off and on of the dirt catching canister, the front clasp has popped off now (last time I went to empty out the canister) and is not going back on, it has a spring and clearly not easy or that simple to figure out how to put back on, and we've spent time trying to do just that without success. It closes but it is just sitting there closed, not sealed tightly/closed.
4. Emptying the dirt from the canister is a major chore - MUST be done into a garbage bag OUTSIDE as it is very fine dirt/dust and a cloud forms. That only gets the majority of dirt from centre but if you want to remove all of the remaining fine dirt that remains inside the canister you have to keep tapping it on the ground to loosen and remove, also making sure the wind isnt blowing in your direction. Not easily done in the cold & snow in long winter months.
I could not return the vacuum because I bought it at WalMart, return policy is 30 days. Ridiculous return policy for a vacuum.
5. The wand terribly short even fully extended to max, and Im 54. Bad for back.
6. Extremely loud.
Very disappointed overall, have had better for cheaper - and this is 2nd Dyson we tried. Stopped recommending it/them especially in context with the very high price, and believe me, many people ask how we like it. Ive had better. It's hard to believe realistic trials were performed as these issues would quickly be discovered and hopefully resolved. There are many other vacuums out there with just as good suction only better more effectively functioning features, hoses, cords, maneuverability, etc. etc.
Overall score 2/10 - for overall vacuum experience.
Dyson Animal Upright - DC15 DC25
Purchased Dyson DC upright model a few years back its ok for doing open areas of carpet. As for doing floors or furniture, corners, close to walls, furniture, under bed area, emptying, its a complete hassle. Here are some significant drawbacks we found:
1. When I have to change over to the furniture attachments etc., I often can't remember exactly how to disassemble the hose contraption from the unit because you have to reconfigure it in order to vacuum directly from the hose attachments, because
2. Although the hose stretches, it only stretches so far - only 1 or 2 feet before it starts to pull on and move the unit, you really need 3 hands for this. [Once finished, you have to reattach and put all back together/reassemble the hose unit, and 9/10 times I do it wrong \ where the handle goes because it always looks backwards so this frustrates me. So if youre not sufficiently coordinated or good with puzzles like me, and have a bad shoulder/arm it's frustrating and time consuming going back and forth from hose to upright vacuuming. I usually like to do both but now I do all my hose vacuuming first, then go back to the same rooms and do the upright floor/carpet vacuuming afterwards]
3. The cord length is ok, because there's no retractable cord feature like the canisters, you do have to wrap it all around the hooks on the handle (which is better than the canister type model, it's definitely a plus to have to manually wrap the cord if you favour or prefer cord length, since Dyson severely sacrifices length for retraction feature).
4. Also although the unit has "ball" technology, you still need a lot of arm, shoulder and wrist action, so if you have issues with that, I'd stick to a straight model vacuum. It is not really that much easier to vacuum around coffee tables or under the bed and barely even beside the bed and such because the head on the unit is so big and tall/high, you cannot go under furniture lower to the ground, before it bumps into the bed or 2-tier end/coffee tables, you get about only 1-2" inches at most of vacuumed space under/around those kinds of areas.
5. Suction is good for normal dirt and light crumbs etc. although still have to go over area a few times to pick up, unless canister is completely empty, it gets less and less the fuller it is. Will eventually pick up pet hair or lint but must go over and over area several times, and even then ...meh. Also does not like to pick up larger pieces such as popcorn kernels and anything that size, have to either go over and over it, or just bend over, pick it up and put it in the garbage manually.
6. Emptying the dirt from the canister is a chore, MUST be done into a garbage bag outside as it is very fine dirt/dust and a cloud forms. That only gets the majority of dirt from centre but if you want to remove all the fine dirt that remains inside the canister you have to keep tapping it on the ground to loosen and remove the remaining fine dust, also making sure the wind isnt blowing in your direction. Not easily done in the cold & snow in long winter months.
I could not return the vacuum because the store I bought it from no longer exists here, and so I gave it away to our son.
I'm disappointed and do not recommend it especially in context with the very high price, and believe me, many people ask how we like it. Ive had better for cheaper. It's hard to believe realistic trials were performed as these issues would quickly be discovered and hopefully resolved. I think there's other vacuums out there with just as good suction, maybe even better, and with better more effectively functioning features, hoses, cords, manoeuvrability, etc. etc. Is the cyclone technology great? sure, but that's about it. So I just wish the rest of the vacuum had as much thought/trials put into it.
Overall score 3/10 - for overall vacuum experience
For suction: 6/10 - a lot of vacuums have that
For versatility: 3/10 good for straight large area carpet vacuuming only (not including along walls/corners, furniture, bare floors).
Length of electrical cord: 5/10.
Emptying dirt canister: 2/10.
Overall score 3/10 - for overall vacuum experience
Review by Greengate6 years ago
i wanted to replace my kirby sweeper because of the weight. so i bought a dyson animal. what a waste of money. i does not have half of the suction, the utensils are hard to use and worst of all, you have to tear it apart and clean out at least 6 areas to make sure there isn't a plug after each use!!!! mine isn't even paid for and i hate it! when i called dyson to complain they said they would check it out to see if there is a machanical problem and send it back. no thanks. should have stayed with my kirby.
Review by Gohare8 years ago
I have had no problems with tracking cookies from this site. All they want to do is sell vacuums and great fans as far as I can see.
Review by OlgaTello Awake10 years ago
Have 2 Dyson vacuums - expensive, but excellent value. Would buy from them again.
Dyson is rated 4.0 based on
Write A Review
(It only takes 30 seconds!)
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about dyson.com.