Very old vans and awful costumer service. We rented an spoiled van a and they didnt refund us. We demanded at least to speak with the manager and he didnt even show his face...
Stay away from this company!
Review by Shanekaydee3 months ago
We bought a used LDV camper from Wendekreisen & found them excellent to deal with. We are particular & nothing was too much of a problem for them.
Unlike RV Super Center these guys provide the service history of the vehicle & do any work you want done before purchase giving us peace of mind that we have bought a well maintained vehicle.
The build quality is superior to others we looked at too.
Great company to deal with, we are stoked!
Jon & Kellie
Review by PhysioEdge1 year ago
We (family of 4) rented a 4 berth campervan for about 4 weeks.
- We had baby cockroaches (or other bugs) in our van from day 1, which indicated a nest somewhere. We contacted technical assistance and just got a "buy a spray or a bug-bomb" reply (basically go-fix-yourself)
- Aircon not working while driving, service centres didn't have time to fix it
- Fly screen in roof top windows where not properly attached
- Grey water tank was blocked meaning we had to empty twice as often as filling the drinking water tank.
- Dinner table top came loose every two days
- Toilet door would open during driving obstructing the view to the back and made a banging noise when driving, even when going straight
- Dashboard warning light came on towards the end of the trip - called technical support and without even asking which light, just told us to keep driving
Upon our return we made aware of the issues we had along the way.
The woman at the office showed very little interest and was more busy talking on the phone with the technical assistance team trying to clarify if we had actually contacted the team along the way!?!
She spend more time on the phone than talking to us and kept walking in and out of the office.
At the end she was just interested in getting us to the airport.
We have written a review to Wendekreisen after our return - haven't heard a word.
Review by MMcGuckin1 year ago
We had a wonderful time in our Wendekreisen camper. The staff were very friendly and the camper was clean and tidy.
Review by Ekalavya1 year ago
Here below our experience, we will let you have your own opinion after this review. We decided to write reviews on Internet several months after handling it back to make sure things settled down and waiting for more information in case any would come from Wanderkreisen. We booked a campervan immatriculation HNJ118 for 25 nights at the end of the high season april 2018 until begining of the low season early may.
- In case you don’t have any serious issues with the campervan, i would say there is not much to complain about the company. We had one extra sheet and one towel missing in our package when we left. They offered us to buy a towel right away and we go our money back afterwards.
- However, you have to know that the campervan we had is very old, more than 450,000 km (all their fleet is not that old apparently but check in advance to avoid bad surprises). Old means as well : we had to stop once to check the orange warning on the dash board at a garage, they said it was an electronic issue and fixed it. It came back on the next day and Wanderkreisen told us to drive without paying attention to it as it happens all the time, (it could have been something serious, we will never know). Their emergency line didn’t work during business hours and the people in charge of issues we tried to call didn’t answer as well. Old means : Under heavy rain, the water leak inside the doors and the van become very humide. They checked this internally afterwards and found nothing but i would be very curious to know how they reproduced more than 10 hours of heavy rains in a garage ? Nothing needed to be fixed according to them, so keep in mind it hapenned to us. Moreover, the curtain hooks made out of fabric inside were hand put with screws, make sure to take them off in case of heavy rains otherwise it might leak inside because the curtain’s hook is too close from the door and gets trapped inside the door . Last but not least, the battery gauge inside the van might not work properly and can’t be fully charged but don’t worry the battery should work fine still, at least that’s what we thought as we couldn’t know and there was no way to check.
Make sure to check the validity date of your gas bottle before leaving as ours expired during our trip and it took us at least 10 emails back and forth to have a solution and know what to do (internet access was crucial but there is no wifi in the van so it means several wifi stops during our trip). Those are just facts you have to be prepared to face.
- Now, let’s talk about the main issue we had. After a few days driving, some friends following us in a van as well told us that we were loosing some water going up on the road. We contacted Wandekreisen for assistance and were sent to another company RVonroad that is dealing with all the issues happenning to the camper on behalf of Wandekreisen. From then, the communication with Wandekreisen stopped and we could only deal with this other company. After several email exchanges i twas decided to go to a garage to have the van checked. They have a booklet on board which says that we can stop to any recommended garage. RvOnroad suggested one on our way, but as we couldn’t loose two days just to wait for an appointement in that one we mutually agreed to stop at another recommended one. For the record we were accused afterwards, not to have followed the recomendation because the first garage was « specialised in campervans », (not all of them are then). Great to know several weeks after we left NZ that we mutually agreed to go to a garage mentionned in their booklet « not as good » and this was our fault.
The garage spent the morning checking the van and found nothing in the van that could cause a leakeage (they said we just had to empty to greywater tank) and then issued a written report to Wandekreisen to say so. Wanderkreisen or Rvonroad notified us via our booking agency and for them the problem was solved. We knew the problem was not coming from the water tank. We decided to stay the whole afternoon to the garage, emptying the water tank, filling it up again, driving up to simulate the leakage and it works proving that we were right, this had nothing to do with the grey water tank being full. The garage participated with us during all the tests and completly agreed with us that the van was leaking water and there was nothing we could do about that. We even found, doing some testing with buckets inside the garage that the theoritical water tank capacity written on the booklet wasn’t matching the actual water we put inside the van. We did the tests twice with the garage to confirm that information. The garage reported everything back to RvOnroad/Wandekreisen and we got the confirmation that there was nothing they could do on the van right now, we should get going and empty the grey water tank every day to avoid leaking water (not being self contained). As we had not choice we agreed to do so, hoping for a gesture when we would return the van almost two weeks later as this will become very irritating to find a free dump station every day…
The story ended when we returned the van, and we received no proposal at all from the company. We lost one full day in the garage to prove all the malfunctions of the van and we had to pay for lunch outside. They told us they never received any calls or written reports from the garage for the afternoon spent. We never heard from RvOnroad since then despite all the emails asking why they didn’t confirmed the phone call from the garage confirming the issues, and we were shutted down by Wandekreisen saying that they would no longer reply to our emails as the garage never issued a report for the afternoon work. They blamed us for not following their instructions to go to the first garage while the second garage where we went was mutually agreed in front before taking the appointement. All the issues we faced and that the independant garage confirmed were double checked by Wandekreisen own team after we left the country and of course they found nothing...
To conclude, as long as the van is recent and you don’t have any serious issues, it’s like all the comments we have seen so far about the company, you can come back anytime. But keep in mind that if you are about to rent an old van, you can face a lot of issues and lose some days which won’t be compensated. You may need to have a local internet connection and cell phone if you don’t want to be charged extra by your service provider back home as you have to be ready to spend hours on the phone and sending emails, waiting sometimes for days for the appropriate reply. Most importantly make sure you get everything confirmed in writting because phone calls and promises are easily forgotten when money is a stake.
The only thing we regret is not to have read all the other comments matching ours before booking the van about the company, and we are glad to know that we are not the only people who had this kind of issues. Before booking, make sure your understand what you can face and maybe it would worth spending a little more to avoid people ignoring you and lying to you.
Wendekreisen Travel is rated 3.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about wendekreisen.co.nz.