Very bad experience, we booked an apartment for 4 people and did not have enough towels, the sofa bed didn't work so we have to sleep in the floor and the worst were mice in the apartment, we reported it to the company and they didn't care, they said that because Amsterdam is a big city it is normal that there are mice in the houses! I DON'T RECOMMEND IT
Review by Azeran Vanderstock2 years ago
I rented 2 apartments in Amsterdam: Meermin Harbour (#10006005) and Ruyter Harbour (#10006015). The apartments were far below my expectations, dirty, with poor maintenance and inexistence assistance. When we left one pf the staff came to the apartment and did not notify any issue. When I was back I found out that the security deposit of the 2 apartments (600 Euros in total) was taken from my credit card. They sent me a couple of pictures showing a never lighted cigarette on a sink and a few cigarettes in the rubbish bin. I contested their email saying:
1) We did not smoke in the apartment where the picture were shot. The picture of the sink shows one cigarette that was not lighted, and, as far as I can know, leave a new cigarette is not against your rules and is actually a proof that we did not smoke inside the apartment, otherwise you would have found partially or completely smoked.
2) The bag in the bin was taken from outside and left in the trash bin, because we did not know where to throw it on the street. We did not smoke that cigarettes inside the apartment.
3) The smoke alarm, as per your report, are not damaged or unblocked. This is a proof that we did not smoke in the apartment.
4) The picture are shot in one apartment, but you are notifying that you will withhold the security deposits of 2 apartments.
5) At 11am one of your staff came to the apartment and check it. He did not notified anything and he did not told us anything about the smell. I therefore contest that the apartments were smelly.
6) No proof you are providing that you relocate the next guests somewhere else.
No way to get my money back. They are dishonest and arrogant. Don't go there!
I confirm that the security deposit was not given back for the reasons I wrote here above. I tried to get in touch with them, but no reply from their side. They never wrote me back. I had to make a claim with Visa and hopefully I will get my money back. I have everything in written and will be happy to share with anybody.
They tried to put offline this review claiming that I never staied in any of their apartment. I received an email from Trustpilot Compliance Team and I provided them all the details. The review is back online! Thanks Trustpliot! No need to say that these gentlemen never even tried to reply to my emails. I definitely confirm they are not trusatable at all!
Short Stay Reservations is rated 1.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about shortstaygroup.com.