New French startup company where you can book online in several car dealers to fix your car. They say that they work with garages "adhering to the strictest quality standards".
How it looks in reality:
- I reserved a timing belt change and paid 10% of the price as a reservation. The appointment I took was in two weeks.
- I received the confirmation.
- After 3 days it started to get suspicious that on their site my appointment was still "to be confirmed"
- I called them and they said that "maybe the car shop doesn't read its mail" (so much for their strict quality standards) and they will call me back that day
- Of course they didn't call me back
- I called again 2 days later, they promised to call again
- Finally I gave up waiting for them and called the garage directly who said immediately that my appointment time is "not available". When I asked how it was possible to reserve they said that they "don't refresh often" their available slots. So much for their quality standards again.
- The garage recommended me to "send a text message in the evening" to see if a few weeks later they would have the time. No thanks.
- Now I'm running to get back my 10% reservation fee.
Conclusion: a good idea, but in reality they work with garages that don't even read their mails - making the whole service frustrating and unusable. I've lost a week waiting for an appointment that wasn't available form the start.
UPDATE: Changed to two-stars because I got back my 10% advance.
iDGARAGES is rated 2.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about idgarages.com.