I’ve decided to review this company because it’s the only mental satisfaction I can get from my overall experience with them...I’ll start by saying there contractor whom they hired for the original move was never informed about our China closet so we incurred an additional charge of about $700. Secondly they damaged said China closet upon delivery, and lost one box, which up to this point over a year later is unaccounted for, in addition to damaging the aforementioned item they damaged several formal dinning room chairs as well as granite top dressers and bedside tables. They compensated us to the tune of $160, the estimated costs was at least $500-700. Gary Zimm who was the sales rep is a complete liar and refused to speak to us when we complained about the mixup with the China closet. I’m sorry it took me so long to write this review, I can only imagine the consumers that have been screwed during the duration. Don’t use them they will destroy or lose your valuables.
Review by Magney Mazzaschi1 year ago
These guys are great! They came on time and went straight to work. They moved extremely fast and didn't mark up any walls at all! With 21 screws in my back I obviously can't lift heavy bulky objects, so i always have to resort to using moving companies. This company by far has been my best experience when it comes to moving!
It seems their may be many company's that provide moving services who you can complain about. However, that's not my experience.
When I called I was taken care of in approximately 5 minutes. Then I was on about my day. I scheduled my move for 1 week out and our movers were on time and got finished quickly for the size of the job. (They did the packing for me) As far as everything else, the cost was right, the movers were great and I was able to just breath in the middle of a stressful event.
Review by Hairul1 year ago
My whole life i spent moving from one place to another. My parents had jobs that required us to change location all the time. Of all of the times I have experienced what it feels like to move, Using We-Pack Moving was above all, the best encounter I have ever had. I have moved well over five times in my life. This company is AMAZING.
Not one of my belongings were damaged. It was overall, a very successful move. Not only did the employees work diligently and systematic, they were also very kind. Moving was a real pleasure for me as I had good people that I could count on to treat my personal items as if they were their own.
Review by Tindaro Derrow1 year ago
I had a nightmarish experience with We-Pack Movers. To keep it short:
1. We-Pack misrepresented the services that were included in the quote. I was told shuttle pick-up and delivery was included in the quoted price, the competing bid that they purported to price match included shuttle delivery. The night before delivery, the driver demanded $450 in cash and said otherwise he'd put my stuff in storage and charge me for that until I paid.
2. We-Pack misrepresented the delivery timeframe. Before I booked, they gave me a 2- or 3-day delivery window. After I booked they went nearly radio silent, delivered more than a week after promised and just pointed out that, despite their representations, the estimate gives them up to 21 days to deliver.
3. We-Pack misrepresented the quality of the movers they contracted. Though Art Michael's initial representations led me to believe We-Pack was a moving company, I found out they were only brokers. When I asked about this, they said they only contracted with a handful of companies, so they all made sure to give high-quality services. Nothing could be further from the truth. The pick-up crew arrived in a Budget-type truck, wore no uniforms, the driver cursed me out, talked about his expectation for a tip. At delivery, the driver was highly argumentative, showed up in the third hour of a four-hour delivery window, and I already mentioned his demand for $450 in cash (which I had to make several calls to have lowered to $350).
5. We-Pack did not honor their insurance, if they even secured insurance as they represented. My goods came damaged. Wood furniture had dings, dents, nicks. A floor lamp now leans because it was bent in transit. My bicycle was unrideable when it arrived; the front wheel was bent to be perpendicular to the handlebars. I noted this on the delivery paperwork and called We-Pack more than once. I never heard back.
I am now $350 poorer because of the shuttle fee and have damaged furniture. We-Pack refused to cooperate in resolving the issue, just strunk me along by saying "we'll look into it and call you back." To my knowledge, no action was taken. Every call was starting on a blank slate; no one could explain what steps they had taken to resolve the issue. The calls always ended in "someone will get in touch in a day or two." No one would follow up.
I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (We-Pack's rating was an A when I booked, but was an F when I placed my complaint weeks later, largely because of similar complaints). We-Pack gave the same run-around by saying they'd look into it and resolve and that I could call them to resolve the insurance issue (even though I had, multiple times). They also falsely reported that my "signed contract" did not provide for shuttle services. In fact, I never signed any contract with them. I booked them orally, and they sent estimates, not contracts, which I never signed. The only thing I signed was the pick-up inventory and the mover's bill after delivery, on which the shuttle fee was added at the end and I noted I disagreed with it.
Avoid this company. If you choose to book, **get everything in writing.** Also note that they provide links to web-based estimates. These disappear, so be sure to print them for your records!
Review by OfficeContact2 years ago
If you are thinking of using We Pack Moving, you should know that my move with them was marked by incompetence from beginning to end. Over the course of the move they:
1. Delayed the pickup date by five days due to a “clerical error;”
2. Failed to communicate with me that they were missing essential information regarding my move; this failure delayed delivery by three weeks beyond the original delivery window;
3. Failed to communicate with me following this delay about when I could expect to receive my belongings;
4. After I called them to request an expected delivery date, failed to communicate that delivery would be delayed an additional week beyond the promised date;
5. Twice promised me compensation for the delay, then claimed after the fact that they did not owe me any compensation because the 5-21 business day window I was given was “only an estimate” – ignoring a clause in the contract that expressly provided compensation for such delays;
6. Tried to overcharge me by $200 on the day of delivery; and
7. Ruined one piece of furniture beyond repair and damaged two others – I have filed a claim but have been told that the company has up to 180 days before they are obligated to respond to it. In the meantime,
I’m paying for repairs out of my own pocket.
I found We Pack to be a truly incompetent and indifferent moving company. Their customer service agents only picked up the phone a third of the time, and they didn’t respond to voicemail messages. When I did reach agents, they often gave contradictory information. In my experience with them, nothing they said was guaranteed, even when I had it in writing.
If you decide to move with We Pack, good luck and keep your expectations really low.
Review by Thaira2 years ago
Do not use We-Pack Moving. We-Pack is a moving broker. They estimate and quote you a price and then send their 'agent'/carrier. We-Pack will sell you a bill of goods up front, proclaim on their website that they use only , "qualified carriers with over 100 years combined experience". In addition, the profess that, "customer service is truly our first priority" and pledge to make your move, "as stress free as possible".
Nothing could be further from the truth.
We-Pack sent their 'carrier', Rolls Trans on 8/12 for my move from Jax to Washington, DC. I wish my biggest problems were the $800 dollars more then my estimate I was charged, the aggression showed when I questioned why, their refusal to show me how they measured/weighed my belongings to come up with the overage, or the lack of response to those issues. Those issues are reason enough not to use We-Pack and warn others of their deceptive practices.
My real issue is that one of the movers from Rolls Trans, the agent of We-Pack inappropriately touched and made inappropriate comments to a female relative of mine who was overseeing the move for me. A police report has been filed with the Jacksonville Beach Police department and we are committed to making sure that no other women will be put in a vulnerable position by this creep. We-Pack and Rolls Trans were informed of this and there has been no cooperation or customer service. After multiple phone calls and insistence on my end, a 'manager' Michael from We-Pack promised to start an internal investigation and help with the police report. Have never heard back from him despite leaving multiple messages. I have filed a complaint with FMCSA and will pursue arbitration and/or legal options. I strongly encourage anyone who has had a negative experience with We-Pack to do the same. If this is We-Pack's idea of a, 'stress' free move, I would hate to see what constitutes a stressful one.
Go to DOT/ Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and search We-Pack and other movers for their complaint history. We do not want anyone else to be victim to their deceptive practices.
Review by Sun2 years ago
We-Pack Moving is excellent, their service was great from the beginning till the end. My moving coordinator was Sean, he was very proficient and he was available to answer my questions at all times. He gave me a really good price and discount to move from CA to NY. When I needed updates on pick-up and delivery status, Nadia from customer service was always there to give me the updates. When the moving crew arrived at my house to pick up my belongings, they were really professional and super nice. They packed my stuff very carefully and did special wrapping on my delicate furniture. I received my delivery on the day I requested and my stuff were well taken care of, nothing was broken and they assemble the big pieces of furniture and located them on the corresponding rooms. I couldn’t ask for a better service, I know it can be very stressful to move from one state to another, however We-Pack Moving made it very easy and stress free. Thank you
Review by Preetha2 years ago
Normally I don't take time to review things unless a company goes over and above or are so poor that I don't want someone else to make the same mistake. Unfortunately We Pack falls into the latter scenario. All the fears that I harbored about having a bad move have come true. These issues are split into two categories: 1. We Pack's poor Customer Service (after your stuff is picked up) and 2. We Pack subcontracting the execution of the actual move to low quality moving companies.
Regarding #1, the only smooth part of my move was the initial sales call and the reassurances that I received. My biggest concern was how long it would take the moving company to get my stuff to my new home. We Pack will tell you that contractually they have 10 business days but that in reality your stuff will get there in “Insert Whatever Time Frame You Want to Hear”. Once your stuff gets picked up, the answer reverts back to your stuff will arrive within “10 business days but I can’t give you an exact date”.
We Pack also told me that my stuff was going to be driven directly from the pick up point to my new residence. Do not believe this, my stuff was driven from the pick up point in Ohio to for some reason New Jersey and has been sitting in a warehouse for over a week (note: my new place is in North Carolina). My stuff is going to take the full 2 weeks if I’m lucky, a fact that I only found out about after calling the subcontracted moving company directly. Once your stuff is picked up, don’t expect anyone from We Pack’s customer service team to help you or even call you back. It takes about 15 calls to We Pack’s customer service rep to equal 1 call back. I hope you’re not busy with other things.
Regarding point #2 above, We Pack also put me in a bad situation by utilizing Most Valuable Movers. I have a 1100 SF apartment and it took the moving team 12 full hours to finish packing and loading my stuff into the truck. They guys were nice enough but one of the two movers was an amateur, my apartment was literally the first move he’s ever completed. His inexperience caused friction with his partner and the two of them almost came to blows. Its not a good sign when you hear aggressive screaming from the street and you look outside and it’s your two movers standing toe to toe by all your stuff sitting out on the sidewalk.
MVP also sent me a form telling me that my delivery was delayed because I didn’t provide them an address. You have to complete a bill of lading and several other documents all of which you need to list your address for them to leave. Clearly they lost that form and as I haven’t gotten my stuff yet God knows if I’m going to get everything on the inventory. Maybe they lost that too.
Long story short, do yourself a favor and go with someone else even if its more expensive. Moving is stressful enough without this level of disregard and incompetence.
We-Pack moving is rated 3.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about wepackmoving.com.