TO AVOID!!!! THEY OVERCHARGE HOURS AND DAMAGE BELONGINGS - see pictures. MOST HORRIBLE MOVE! (and this was my third move in 2 years)
They asked me to pay 240 euros more than the quote they had given me (and they're asking to be paid only with cash!) as a result of deliberate delays:
- They had not booked any parking spaces so they had to move their truck around several times
- I had asked them to pack my belongings but they came to my house without any packing materials. They left twice for one hour to go to the shop to get packing boxes. They didn't buy any material to pack and protect the fragile items
- They went to eat for 45 mins in the middle of the drive between the 2 addresses
- 2 out of the 3 were not professional movers. they were very young and not fit for the job. They did not know how to pack fragile items or how to carry furniture in a safe way. My boyfriend had to himself protect the TV and other fragile items so they don't get damaged. They left furniture and boxes outside in the rain. The bottom of boxes got wet as a result and later dropped on the stairs because they were wet and overcharged;
- They worked at an extremely low pace and were very inefficient. We had to help them pack and carry furniture and boxes all the way
- They didn't come with an invoice pad. The manager later sent me an invoice with no detail of the calculations. I don't know how they arrived at the amount of 815 euros they asked me to pay (and I had a small move, I was moving without a couch, without a bed and without big furniture)
- when we pointed the damages and the overcharged hours to them, they became aggressive and threatened us until we pay them.
Numerous objects were broken during the move due to their poor packing and handling of items, as you will see in the photos. They broke an expensive lamp, a clock and numerous fragile items that were gifts and had sentimental value.
- they stacked fragile items in boxes without any protection, and they overcharged the boxes that broke from the bottom during the move
- they didn't protect the lamp and the other furniture;
- they offered to reimburse me only 75 euros as they said they were not covered by the insurance since they didn't pack the objects properly and they said there was an amount of 250 euros they would not reimburse for 'own risk'. This was not written anywhere in the quote and conditions they had sent me.
I intend to pursue them in court. BE CAREFUL and DO NOT BOOK with this company!
Verhuisbedrijf Direct is rated 1.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about verhuisbedrijfdirect.nl.