Dr. Rainwater is absolutely the bomb (good). He is a good doctor, kind and attentive. This review is how inefficient the book keeping system is and how i am now in collections because of it. first let me mention this is the second time. the first time my account was messed up it took months and months to straighten out. i should not have gone back but i like the doctor so i did and the same thing happen. Since November 2018 i have not received a bill from this office but twice and they were both letters stating that they are sending me to collections. right now they are telling me i have $ 1500 in outstanding debts yet in July 2019 i asked for a complete readout line by line of my whole account. i received a line by line and it stated i had $ 745 in outstanding debts. the line by line showed a large amount in charges from kings credit services that i had no idea about and didn't even understand why. i contacted the office since July either in person, by letter, or by phone 5 times and received no answer for any of my concerns which are the following;
1. my insurance company notified me that on 7/10/19 they paid $ 319. which is not listed as a credit on my line by line account
2. 7/27/19 my insurance sent another $ 316.00 which is not listed on my line by line account
3. i was told by the office that my insurance agreed to cover a proceedure ptns and my insurance said they never agreed to that, the girl left the company that told me that, the office has no record of it. they also have down i took more of these treaments that i took. i stopped them because they were harming me and they are insisting i took more than i did.
4. the treatments were supposed to train my body not to get up to use the restroom every two hours but instead, i started going every hour due to the treatments. they harmed me and because of that, i asked they drop or reduce that part of the bill and received no answer to my at least 4 requests.
5. in May, while i was actually at the office, i ask the billing office to contact my insurance and see why they denied the claim on these ptns treatments and i was told that they would not do that because my insurance company leaves them on hold too long and it was too hard, they have other things to do and i would tell my insurance to call them. i cancelled any further treatments or appointments even the ones that were incredibly helpful.
6. while at their office, i contacted my insurance to see if they would reconsider and pay for these harmful treatments. they said they would but needed a letter stating medical necessity specifically stating the treatment and why they thought it was necessary and when i took them. they also said they believed that the biller put the wrong code.there are four codes and to tell them to check the codes. while at the office, i walked my phone into the billing office with the insurance on the line and had them speak directly to them since they didn't have the time to call my insurance themselves.
7. in June, i contacted my insurance directly; they had not received a letter of medical neccessity nor had the codes been corrected. i got the address where to send the letter of medical necessity and called the office. again, i was told they didn't have time for this but after a discussion seemed like they would do it. i also got the office managers number and the address
8. in june and july i wrote the office manager sending actual hard copies of the line by line invoice they sent me for $ 745 and also the statements from insurance showing the payments and asking for an adjustment, asking for a letter to be sent to my insurance, asking for a bill reduction of the remainder of the bill for the reasons that the treatments didn't help but harmed. i received no answer and i wrote again and received no answer.
9. August, i received a my second bill since November 2018 and it was a letter of intent to go to collections. and the invoice was not itemized but had a total for double the amount. the balance now is $ 1406.55. since i have not gone to their office since may i have not idea why the bill has doubled unless it is more collections charges for bills i haven't received and they didn't mark down the over $ 700 payment from my insurance.
at this point, i have spoken on the phone to them twice, gone into their office, written them twice, called my insurance twice, did the leg work with my insurance and all i get is further bills they cannot even agree on the amount or are charging me for what i don't even know.
i don't dare go in and get the treatments that were actually helping me because their billing department has my account so messed up giving me different amounts and not contacting me on my valid concerns or my insurance the way the insurance company asked for.
Valley Urology of Central California is rated 1.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about valleyurology.com.
North Fresno Street 6113