Disappointed with the scam like behavior from Star Stable. My daughter liked playing this game so i would buy her a months access as a treat, but be careful. Each time you do this you are automatically entered into a monthly subscription - like it or not!
I hate being scammed - never again
Review by ARenee Perchinsky1 month ago
I enjoy this game, I'd rate it more. But the thing is, I don't like how I have to pay to go to other places. I got bored very fast.
You need to sort this out, you lose out on quite a few players due to this.
Review by Archuleta2 months ago
Star stable is a great game but i'm a eleven year old girl and i'm not aloud to get star rider and i wish you could pay for free and get more quests if you don't have Sr and i wish i could go to the other places that star riders
please make it that you can or I WILL UNINSTALL THE GAME!
Review by Zanne Bratko2 months ago
Did you want to meet at all and the middle of is that you area you can call you the list of things to do the work Andrew is going on with you and your family have a minute can you send me the link to the movies with the new job and I will not be in school tomorrow morning to see what the movies are for me I have a question for the movies in the office in a bit and see get out of the things you say you
Review by Mooreca Darband2 months ago
I have been playing this game since, either 2011 or 2010 so either 8 or 9 years. I have owned two accounts in my time playing the game, the only time I ever had a problem was on my first account when it was sadly hacked and they couldn't restore the horses I lost. BUT, after getting another later on in the month I have consistently and I have to say:
1) Updates are very quick for a game with as much detail as this one does, they update every Wednesday.
2) Graphics on here is beyond magical, they put alot of effort into creating a world similar to reality but there is few limits you could anything.
3) The horses, If you find on google what the older models looked like to what star stable has done to revamp these horses its pretty amazing.
4) Overall cost for the game, though it seems alot in the beginning I mean 75 dollars would make anyone hesitate. But its once, and the star coins are constantly going on sales, they do alot of double star coin weeks making it well worth waiting to buy from this company.
5) Game play? Heck yeah, this game has a ton of story plot to work through with a bunch of side quests to learn and travel all across the map. I love the story simply because it doesn't play it through as "Oh I'm a victim" No its more "I'm, un-stoppable try me" I love it, there is so much to do.
6) Community? Oh well duh, haha Star stable has a ton of riders ranging all from ages, the community is everywhere including the NPC's you find simply standing or walking around the map. Doesn't matter if you play alone or with friends, with this game Your gonna meet new people real or not and just has a way of making you feel welcomed and whole.
The best way I would describe this game? An escape from reality to an oasis of opportunity.
Review by Haroldas3 months ago
I think it is a good game:) It cost much tho:(
If you like horses this is a game for you!
(English is not my first language so sorry for typos)
Review by Chaklam3 months ago
Star stable is an amazing game, the graphics are awesome and the horses are beautiful, the characters aren't bad but we could use an update, the star coin price is the only problem, for 10k it used to be £60 which was alot but just recently I noticed they moved up the price to £80, the original price was already alot and now all the people that were hoping to get 30k dont know If they can even afford 10k, I messaged them on Facebook about the problem and they totally ignored me until I asked them another question and I got a reply in the space of 6 seconds, I know the game is huge and needs a lot of money to run but even us paying 60 was still a ton, I'm very angry about this because I cant afford that amount and I know a ton of people cant, I'm not meaning to hate on sso because the game is awesome they just need to chill on the prices, I totally love starstable and the horses and friends app, the game is so amazing and I never get bored playing, I met my greatest friend on there, it inspired me to pick up horse riding irl, because of that I met a pony called maisie, because of star stable I have learned alot about being an equestrian, so again this isnt a hate comment it's just my opinion on something that I'm not happy about, I dont know if it's the same price in whatever country your in but in UK it's horrible.
Review by Leaking4 months ago
The controls in this game are horrid. You can barely turn the horse around! The game is also awfully boring, and becoming a Star Rider is way too expensive.
Review by Torbero4 months ago
Star stable is an amazing MMO game :) Im a child (9 years old ) I played since I was 5.Made a lot of accounts and now I got star rider ( unlocked the game ) what is amazing but it cost a lot!( if you buy star rider 1 month or 3 turn of you subscribian so it dose not take you parents money! ) I have 4 stars because of the glitches and waiting. By waiting I mean waiting until the next day for more quest! Children should be the age 8 to play this because they need to know how to read! If your a parent and you child is 8 or under make sure to be with them when they play because they can get into drama,they can get bulled and romantic role plays. but other then that is a really good game! :)
Review by Treerak5 months ago
I started paying for star rider so I could have access to certain quests in the game, but was quick to realize what a scam it was. First of all, My account was locked for no known reason one day and once I emailed the star stable team about this, they claimed that it was a technical difficulty and they did not mean to lock or close my account. They immediately unlocked it. I payed for a month of star rider and let the payments carry on for a long 8 months before finally wanting to cancel my subscription. At the end of May 2019, I cancelled my subscription a day after I had payed for my 8th month. The expiry date was set to the end of June. I didn't play the game for that whole month. I then decided to login online one day at the end of June and found that my expiry date had been changed to the end of July 2019. They had taken money out of my account without my knowledge or consent! What made this worse was that they never sent me an email like they normally do which I'm pretty sure is illegal. Before this I had tried cancelling my bank card and blocking anything to do with star stable through my bank but nothing has seemed to work. I had also asked them to deactivate my account to stop the payments but they have failed to do so. I am very angry and annoyed with the star stable team and I will not ever be playing this game again! I have sent an email requesting a refund but if they claim my account is not active, which it shouldn't have been a week ago, so they are not able to send me a refund I will be greatly upset and angry. Do not waste your money on this game. It is not worth your time and energy nor your money!
Review by Flavi5 months ago
I feel this is the only game that actually cares about the players. Updates are every week (you don't see that much even with online games.) Support team answer my question and problems usually in the day or two and they solved all of my problems with game and account until now, they are very kind and willing. Game has a beautiful atmosphere and they are tryig to give plaing child right direction even in life. They teach that friendship is important. And that they can't be snow in winter if there is global warming. And many other things. However what sucks is the community. People are rude, cheating. Always complaining. I personaly didn't find any normal, kind player. But thats not fault of the game, thats lacks of humanity in society.
Review by MohanRaj5 months ago
Whilst the game itself is very good the pricing is awful. Each horse costs around £12 to buy. You can subscribe for a mopnthly amount which gives your child weekly credits but it takes nearly two months to then buy a horse! I dont know many children that patient!! The ultimate result is you get an upset child when they cannot afford a new horse. This pricing makes the game very poor. Team Fortress 2 was the first game to move to the free to play model of micro transactions and became the highest grossing game in history. It did this buy pleasing both gamers and parents by having optional skins purchased for small ammounts of money. If Star Stable dropped their prices, more player would play it, and thus more players would buy coins and everyone would be happier, but the game developers come across as being greedy and in it for th short term. Shame as the core game is great
Review by Caker Derrow5 months ago
All about to steal your money! High prices in the game, can only go forward if you spend a lot. Somebody used my daughters account, reported, they answered 1 week later, that it is her fault, she gave the password out! She doesnt know it, only me, she has auto login and i change the password every month. This cheater tried to spend our real money, but he/she couldnt login the email address! Reported but nothing happened. When told it to them, that i will report them to the police, 20 minutes later somebody tried to reset the password on the email 5 times in a few minutes! We made this email address only for this game, never used anywhere else, never told it to anybody, so it could only be somebody from their system! Report sent to the police! Ignore this game, dont use you bank card there!!!
Review by Liao Wichstrom5 months ago
Customer support is terrible-they have been unhelpful and then ignore emails. This was when dealing with my 12 year old daughter. She has paid for Lifetime subscription which was all her savings, then bought star coins. Starstable have been lazy with their latest update which has not been fixed for smaller laptop screens. So the game only shows one corner-completely useless.
Starstable seem happy to take a lot of money but deliver weak product and terrible customer support.
I would not recommend this to others
Review by Kritchakorn5 months ago
I bought the star rider membership for my daughter because she liked the game so much and not even a week later it stopped working (cannot connect to server) 😤 I tried everything they told me to do and nothing would work so I decided to open a new account see if that worked and it did!!
But they said they cant move my membership to the new account that works and now they wont reply to my emails because I want my refund 😡😡
It's a scam
Review by Giftcardgenie5 months ago
The Prices Are A Little High...
I didn't read the parent reviews, but I actually play Star Stable myself. I bought the Lifetime Star Rider pack of $75.00(about) with my own hard earned cash, and it's worth it. Minus the large prices with Star Coins. Despite having the Lifetime Star Rider, like every other Star Rider, I only get 100 Star Coins every Saturday. It might sound like a lot at first, but compared to most prices in the game itself, it's not much.
Horses in the game range from 300 to around 950 Star Coins. To just get one horse, that's an entire month of waiting. Many people probably agree it'd be nice to have a larger amount. Especially after paying so much for the Lifetime Star Rider, you'd think they'd give more to you. It's a little disappointing, honestly.
Despite the cash problems, there's a beautiful storyline and very nice people on. Which made me give 4 stars instead of 2 or 3. Yes, there's some problems and such, but it's a nice game to play. There are events from time to time, and even riding club to join. Plus, you can play with your friends from school or something.
Just a note, I'm only a no good teenager and I still play. It's a decent game that the creators are still finishing. And you don't have to let your daughter, or son(a few boys play too), chat with a bunch of strangers. Just don't verify your email and only hearts will pop up. Just in case anyone was looking for that sort of thing.
Review by Bafford5 months ago
It’s a fun game and I absolutely love it but if they don’t make the horse’s easier to control they can kiss my subscription goodbye I pretty much broke my computer screen to the point where you can’t see anything but static because of the f**king horse the f**king game or I’m sueing
Review by Anonom Rehmel6 months ago
I'm only giving Star Stable two stars for how well designed the horses themselves are and because in the 5+ years I've been playing, I've had zero issues with the game as far as lag, crashing, patching, ect goes. If you do decide to play this game, there are some things you should know up front:
1. The main draw to this game - the horses - can only be purchased with star coins, which will cost you real life cash and most of them are not at all cheap. There is an in-game currency, but you can only buy clothes and tack with it and the cap is 10k and you will pretty much drain the entire 10k just buying a couple of items. Lifetime membership is the way to go and you'll get 100 star coins a week, which isn't much considering how expensive everything is.
2. Do not expect any kind of regular, substantial content to be released. As of today, it's been a year and 3 months since the game has had a big content patch, but that doesn't stop the developers from releasing horse after horse despite giving us nothing to do with them. The only thing the game offers currently is logging in to run the same races over and over again - and you can only do them once a day on one horse. There's absolutely no benefit in maxing out a horse (level 15) unless you really love running the same races every single day to try and get a high score. And don't fall for the people trying to stick up for the studio by saying they have a small team - they have at least 100 people which is MORE than enough to put out substantial content on a regular basis.
3. To add to the second point - once you finish the storyline, there is nothing left to do but mindlessly train your horses to max level. But I can say that it will take you a while to finish the story as they drag it out. Many quests are locked behind reputation or they make you wait until the next day to continue, unless you pay star coins to advance the day.
4. They do pointless, weekly updates and it's usually just a new horse or a new event that lasts a week or if we're lucky, new quests that you'll have done in 15 minutes and then have to wait months for new ones to be added.
5. They try to promote this game as some kind of learning and development tool for children - yeah right. All the team is interested in is making as much money as possible and adding to their $15 million+ yearly revenue. New horses are releases so frequently because they want people to reach into their pockets and hand over the cash. And because players constantly fall for the new, shiny pixels, the developers keep doing it.
6. Bugs, bugs, bugs. The game is full of them and it seems like every time they try to fix one, they mess something else up. Each weekly update adds more so it's never-ending.
7. Because the developers insist on marketing this game towards 8-14 year olds - despite the fact that more adults play than children, it very much stifles the development of the game because kids always have to be taken into consideration. This is most noticeable with the chat filter. It's basically impossible to have a normal, innocent conversation with someone without running the risk of being banned because the filter is SO excessive and restrictive. It needs to have a Teen ESRB rating and the team can hire more people to actual moderate the chat. I suppose in a way the filter is pointless because where there's a will there's a way and people find ways to circumvent it when they really want to.
Bottom line - As far as horse games go, this probably is the best one out there, but it definitely has some major flaws that need addressing. While other MMO's like WoW carry a monthly subscription and may only put out updates every 3 months or so, something to consider is that you get A LOT more content in a game like WoW - there's more than enough things to do to keep you occupied until the next update comes out. Star Stable literally has nothing but the same, boring races over and over.
Review by Ravdesh7 months ago
Our daughter is playing SSO and has done that for over a year now. We have payed a lots of money for this game, membership every month and lots of Star Coins. She has used all her savings and the other day she bought a horse that disappeared right after. We have contacted Star Stable and they say they can’t find any record of that horse under the login. That can’t be true, and I (Dad) has send all data for login but they won’t do feedback any more. So we have payed so many money, so why can’t they just return that Star Coins? Do we really have to stop our daughter and her friends playing that game?
Review by Bafford7 months ago
My granddaughter is in love with this game except it never works!! I paid $75 for star rider and extra coins thinking it might work better but it is complete crap crashing (new computer with very good wifi) and there is nobody to call. I’ve emailed them many times and NEVER heard back. Big money and nothing but stress in return. Block the app and don’t pay a penny!! I am
Review by Subhadra Ortolani7 months ago
I Love this game, I haven't had many problems with it despite the sensitivity of Chat-bans, warning and #. Another problem is the cost and how many star coins you get a week. 100 star coins a week isn't enough. You can't even buy most horses after 2 months! And the prices for star rider and star coins are crazy. Tho, If your a parent and don't have a big house but your kid plays star stable? Get them Star Rider (lifetime). Ever since the graphics where changed, and they started making the newer horses, I loved the game even more!
Review by Longmanofwilmington7 months ago
this game is cool and all BUT i am 12 years old and my parents say that "WE ARE NOT GOING TO WASTE REAL MONEY ON THIS STUPID GAME" when they say that i get sad so i am just asking for ONE thing.PLEASE GIVE OUT SOME FREEEEEEEEE STAR COINS AND STAR RIDER AT LEAST ONCE AM MOUNTH. i have the pefect idea for this. U can make a wheel and put some things on there eg. one mounth of star rider or 2000 star coins BUT MAKE TWO WHEELS ON FOR STAR COINS AND ONE FOR STAR RIDER PLS
Review by Kierean8 months ago
I`ve played his game for around 4 years now. I`m a lifetime member, i`m also an adult player. Overall, this is a beautifully designed game, but, the recent graphics update for the landscape is, in my opinion, a step backwards in the artwork, it`s still pretty, but a little bland looking. The storyline is great, but they are very slow with the updates, so if you`ve worked through the available quests, you`re left waiting for the next installment, which could me months away. You have no need to spend any more real money on it, unless you choose to. The 100 star coins you get eack week as a lifetime member can be saved up to buy new horses etc. A lot of items can be purchased with "Jorvik Shillings" which you earn in game by doing various tasks. So if you put the effort in, you can buy plenty of new clothes, tack etc. There is a small "bad" element of players who spam, bully, + are generally rude, but you get that with a lot of games. There is a button you can press to "ignore" those players, thereby rendering them unable to cause you, or your children, any further probems.. Overall, a good game.
Review by Shanpreta Sheppell8 months ago
Customer service is not good, they have taken two payments from my bank and whilst I have requested that this be resolved on two occasions no one has replied or credited the money.
Review by Nagosa Timbrook8 months ago
Customer support is non existent!!!!!!! They allow people to glitch and cheat. They claim they live there community of players being so nice and helpful yet all you get is buzz off and lol’s for daring not to automatically knowing everything. They don’t even listen to there fans, wont fix issues. And are getting more and more money hungry by each update. It’s ridiculous.