Oh, Bonnie! What can I say? I’ve been calling in orders the last few weeks and she is on it! Even stopped a shipment to swap a camera. Then, I called for a better example of a camera’s quality and Stu stepped up and setup a demo and recording just for me! Sorry Stu, I went for the PTZ instead but you went above and beyond to help me! Thanks! More orders to come!
Review by Toki4 months ago
Camera good pics.
Review by Jxcks Slythe5 months ago
Very easy to set up and use. Customer service is very helpful
Review by Kimbery Girardotcustomer5 months ago
Great customer service!
Review by Onik Bamane5 months ago
Excellent products. Ordered 16 channel nvr and eight 2.0 cameras, Very satisfied with quality of both, Order arrived one day after being ordered with free shipping. Truly a plug and play system.
Review by Skalzang Armpix5 months ago
Discovered SCW by trying to find a camera system locally. It was the best "find" for our church. They gave us a prompt and courteous visit. They also assigned Amber as our contact, which has been a great experience, she is on top of all our questions, and very helpful.
Review by TakiraJae Sarkute5 months ago
Excellent company to have business with, love the sales support, also the Tech support they are always willing to help.
Review by Cbritteon5 months ago
My Second order with SCW and my second 5 star review. Very, very glad I found them online and did this as a self purchase, self install. I received better equipment, saved a bunch of money and had excellent customer service. It doesn't get any better than that!
Review by Shingtat Alfonzo5 months ago
Review by Sfeaq5 months ago
"Professional Grade" doesn't mean what I hoped it meant.
I installed 3 Deputy 4.0 cameras and the 4 camera Admiral NVR last November. I hired an electrician to run a bunch of new cable to support this, so it was expensive. I've put dozens of hours into trying to get it all to work correctly and reliably, and it still doesn't. After several attempts to resolve issues with support I've concluded that "pro" doesn't mean robust and highest quality, rather it seems to mean "appropriate for an application with a full-time employee who sits around watching the screens and keeping the system working."
My application is a private residence with CAT5 cabling that terminates in a service closet. The NVR needs to go there, while video display needs to be possible elsewhere, e.g. in the kitchen or by the front door, accessed from the NVR via HTTP over ethernet. This is an extremely common way of assembling systems.
Here are the problems I've found.
1. Video display over HTTP *only* works with a several-years old obsolete and insecure version of Internet Explorer. Although I read a lot of documentation before purchase, I didn't notice this problem. Support tells me it's due to patent issues around the video compression used. I can understand that problem arising, but in such a situation it's their responsibility to find a better solution fast, rather than sell a crippled product, or expect users of a 'security' product to rely on a known insecure old browser to use it. I have numerous linux and mac computers in my home, none of which would run this old version of IE, so I had to go out and buy a new surface tablet that is now the dedicated display.
2. The full set of camera features cannot be configured from the SCW View Station windows application, which is the only purportedly full-functioning application they provide. This application isn't really stand-alone since it delegates most of the NVR interaction to a session in the obsolete IE browser. The appearance of screens differs from the documentation provided at the SCW website, and it appears to be missing lots of features. For example there's no way to configure the person detection feature, which is one of the critical features affecting my decision to purchase this equipment.
Through my interaction with support I got the impression that they expect the NVR to be connected directly to a display monitor via HDMI, e.g. at the desk of the poor guy tasked with watching it all day. I did try connecting a monitor directly to the NVR one time, but my wiring closet is cramped, it was very unpleasant, and frankly the interface presented on that monitor didn't seem to support full configuration either.
3. The NVR user interface lacks other basic features. For example, there's no way to examine the state of data recording on disk. It just always says that the disk is 100% full. It's not possible to see how much data is being retained for each camera, the time period covered, or decide to delete or offload any of the data. Huh? How can this not be possible? (It is possible to download individual clips when viewing the history of one camera, but that's time consuming and awkward and not appropriate for automated backup.)
4. It's unreliable. I have my video monitor mounted in the kitchen so my family can see who's at the door if the bell rings. In order for that to happen, the windows tablet has to keep the IE browser window connected to the NVR via HTTP, and the NVR has to keep streaming video. At least once a day that fails. Usually just refreshing the tab reconnects the video, so I suspect that the NVR is dropping the stream for some reason. But, this means that video is often not available at the moment it's needed, and at a minimum requires 10s of seconds of screen tapping and waiting. Worse, at least once a week the NVR just stops answering requests for an extended period. Usually it eventually comes back, but at least once a month I need to go and power cycle it to bring it back on line. Pro?
Here's what I wanted, that the system won't do adequately:
1. Make realtime display from the cameras available at several places in the house, so I can see who's at the door, or in the yard, right now.
2. Reliably record video from all of the cameras and flag the rare instances where a person appears in the frame, so I can easily review just those clips once a day, or once a week. I don't have time to scroll through the history display via the View Station app, which is very awkward and flags every waving branch all day long.
I installed this system because I thought it would provide much higher resolution images than my Nest cameras, give me more control, and more reliability since they use cable to the NVR rather than WiFi to the base station (which doesn't work for my outdoor locations). But, it hasn't worked out that way. During the past year my Nest cameras have gotten much better at people detection due to software scanning up in the cloud, while SCW has continued to promise a big software upgrade with Cirrus that hasn't appeared. I wish I could get the Nest cloud to process the SCW camera feeds and chuck the NVR.
Why 3 stars instead of 1? I'm trying to be fair. The cameras have worked well, and my impression is that SCW is trying, but they just don't know how to do software. They need to find a partner who can, or open their system so that the end user can make it work.
Review by Quirina6 months ago
First of all I want to say the service itself has been excellent. every person I talked to has been very patient and has helped a lot. Now the reason for 4 stars instead of 5. I bought a 10 camera 4K system with 10 warrior 8 cameras and I added 1 gladiator to see the barn that is a little ways away. the Gladiator is great and did exactly what I wanted. The warriors on the other hand have a moisture issue on the inside of the lens. Every one of them produced a picture that is very blurry and not usable. I contacted SCW after the first 2 failed and they asked me to test all 10 and sure enough all 10 were bad. Needless to say I was not pleased after spending that amount of money on a security camera system especially since the robberies in the area are still happening daily.
I contacted SCW again yesterday and they are air shipping 10 new cameras for delivery today. So hopefully they have the issue fixed and I will have them up and running tonight protecting my house. I can not review the software yet as I have been concentrating on the camera issues. Hopefully I can update the review after I get the new cameras
Update: I received the new replacement cameras and they are working great. I work in manufacturing so I understand things happen. The key is how you handle the hiccups and how your customer is protected. SCW was very responsive and sent replacements instantly. They never tried to say that I must have done something wrong or that it was my fault in any way. The people at SCW were great and issues were taken care of. I have 3 more cameras to install but I do not feel there will be any issues. Thanks again for great customer service.
Review by Enoretep6 months ago
The greatest service as I expected ... everyone should buy their camera system from this company !
Review by CustomerLorna6 months ago
Great pre-sales assistance, great product, and great customer service.
Review by Kiidd6 months ago
Bought my first system for my lake property about 1.5 years ago. I’ve been an Instrumentation Tech for nearly 40 years and have worked on video systems in the past. Unfortunately, I had a number of issues with the SCW equipment that I couldn’t work out and one owner induced problem. SCW tech support was great. Over a number of weeks, the equipment is 75 miles from home, so I couldn’t work on it except for Friday evenings and weekends, the SCW guys, there were two at one point, worked through the problems. Overall, they spent close to three hours with me on the phone. They were even pleasant to me when working through the owner induced problem which I sheepishly admitted to changing the password and apparently wrote it down incorrectly and could no longer access the NVR software. They simple said “it happens.”
Just this week I received the second system I purchased from SCW which is their 4K model. I am going to install this system at my work place. It will replace an existing well know name professional equipment system I installed 7-8 years. The $1300 software package that operates this system was obsoleted 6 months after I purchased it. The $1100 each, cameras were obsoleted shortly after that and the software only supported a few other camera models which were also obsolete. When I needed to replace a camera, I had to get it off an internet auction site.
I’ve tested the new equipment and everything works. I haven’t purchased the 4K monitors yet but using just a PC monitor for the initial testing, the video quality is great. It’s as good or better than the existing cameras in use. I can’t wait to see what it looks like with 4K monitors.
I had a tech question for this system that related to bringing the outputs from a number of cameras in another building over fiber optic cable back to the NVR. I was pretty sure how to make it work but wasn’t positive. The Tech Support guy was so interested in helping me, he wasn’t listening to me say that I understood what he was explaining but he wasn’t answering my specific concern. But we eventually got through this problem and I got my question answered.
I deal with a lot of vendors and contractors for my workplace. I wish they all operated like the folks at SCW.
Review by HelenLovesFlorida6 months ago
The security camera warehouse is an awesome company. The customer service is second to none and in my opinion after dealing with other companies no one can match them. Prices and availability of products is fantastic. I will go nowhere else anymore.
Review by Debate Bechtle6 months ago
Great working with SCW. Very professional and helpful. Their good reputation is well deserved.
Review by Msang6 months ago
very fast shipping and very very good quality stuff
Review by RayenDaSavage Wasel6 months ago
I purchased a 4K NVR and camera system several weeks ago. I did not purchase all cameras initially so I could see if the base system would be acceptable and how the different cameras worked. The system has exceeded all of my expectations. This purchase was for an additional 4K camera. The new camera is performing as expected.
Review by FIeece6 months ago
All cameras fitted and working now, very happy with the overall system.
Review by Stymulus Rezagholibeigi6 months ago
Andrew gracefully and politely answered one of the most boring questions in the industry, without sounding condescending or inconvenienced about repeating, for the umpteenth time, how to playback a video clip in the new version of your software.
Thanks for employing Andrew, and everybody else that shows up to work with such a great attitude.
Review by FrederikCats7 months ago
Great tech support, knowledgeable
Nice cameras and NVR’s
Like to see easier web/phone access setup
and on a side note longer allen tools
and move the connecting line of camera cover to the rear of unit both for easier install and adjustments
Review by Rick7 months ago
The products was great and everything is fine , their service was good.
Review by Chewyrambles7 months ago
Very professional. Helpful and more than willing to accept returns with no problem. For good reasons of course.
Review by Chott7 months ago
We have been using SCW and love the cameras and support.
We will go nowhere else.