Jon was very nice and the car was clean. Brilliant service and cheap price, would definitely recommend !
Review by Roeschlu Garibo1 year ago
Can't find this company in TripAdvisor. And in Google, nobody rates them yet. I think this is the reason why they can play around, cheat you but not to bear the consequences. There's no proper channel for people to put down their reviews. I read in TripAdvisor there was also someone who got scammed with Rent-A-Wreck in Oslo. I guess this person shared it in a forum because there is no Rent-A-Wreck own page to review in TripAdvisor, hence I created this room for people to share their experiences.
Beware and be careful.
When I browsed through prices of all those common rental car agents SIXT, AVIS, EUROPCAR etc I found that this local company called Rent A Wreck gave the best price, it's almost like 1/3 of the prices offered by the others.
Well, there's a lot of hidden costs and they STEAL MONEY from you.
1. They asked you to put a deposit up to 3000 NOK when you want to take your car. I understand sometimes there will be a deposit required for certain services but unfortunately for Rent-A-Wreck, it was actually a way to steal your money from the amount that was blocked on your card earlier. This amount was also not mentioned clearly on their website. You will only know about it when you want to pick up your car.
2. They informed me that only the first 100km is included, which is fine for me but when I returned the car, I questioned should any document signed by me and them (as an agreement to release from both parties with satisfaction) they informed me "None". That was weird. Then when I reached home I received a bill with more mileage than that I have used. Scam.
3. They gave me an online contract when I booked earlier with the breakdown of each the items and its final price (except extra from the 100km that is allocated). Suddenly when I reached home, I received a bill that included a few more items that were not mentioned in the contract that they gave me earlier. I even argued about the road tax charge, but they just dismissed my complaint.
4. Now, I understand there will be certain things that cannot be included in the contract at the beginning stage for example speed trap tickets, road tolls etc as you will only know these afterward (which I am willing to pay if any). But it seems that Rent-A-Wreck abused the small clause in the contract where it stated "other cost" and suddenly include a lot of items that were not put during the booking process. All of these items were not related to "on road issues" and should have been made clear to customers during the booking process. One of the examples I had mentioned up there, which is the "road tax". There were a few more.
5. After you left the country, they include all of this things and then just send you the final bill. They simply charged from the 3000 NOK blocked amount in your credit card earlier and end up the price is way more expensive than the rest of car agents that you found earlier.
I made an online police report. But what can you do? You already left the country. Just be careful. Go with the common car rental companies that have a good reputation.
Rent-a-Wreck Harstad/ Evenes – ditt smarte leiebilvalg is rated 3.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about rentawreck.no.