Great staff, all very friendly. The development programme for MiFID II, very informative and has developed me into becoming a MiFID II SME on client site.
Review by Dotie3 years ago
I attended the full IB Consultant Programme from September until December of 2015.
1. The programme opens your eyes to the inner workings of the Investment Banking industry
2. It clearly shows and illustrates the various asset classes involved and how the different business functions interplay and work with these classes
3. The foundation programme which focuses on the arithmetic/mathematics involved with interest rate swaps, bonds, libor, exchanges, OTC derivatives et al is excellent. The facilitator is exceptionally bright, patient and very good at illustrating/explaining hitherto difficult concepts to all students regardless of their background. In fact the main programme facilitators are all experts in their various specialisations
4. Each week, there are exams to test the students knowledge of the material and process
5. The material is built around the asset classes and business functions, from front to back office. This consistency and repetition allows the student leave the programme with an increased (and perhaps superior) awareness of the Investment Banking (IB) business
6. A blended/mix of online and face-to-face (F2F) learning platforms (including mindFlash) means students who have different learning styles are catered for. In addition, it makes it easier for those who would like training but are located far from Central London. I came from Scotland.
7. The price is hard to argue with
8. The breadth and depth of material is astonishing
9. Once you have attended the development programme the first time, you are allowed (an unrestricted number of times...as of my last encounter with the programme) to re-engage with the material and programme...online and F2F.
10. The development programme includes lectures, assignments, exams, individual and team-based projects. All of these are geared toward ensuring that upon completion, the programme delegate is familiar and experienced enough with the concepts, processes, components, business culture, FCA and ESMA regulatory requirements to have an above average interaction with the investment banking ecosystem, even where previous experiences are in a different industry (I spent well over a decade in Energy - oil and gas - operations).
Candidates for Improvement
1. The material though in-depth, comprehensive and detailed could do with being more accessible (I refer to usability and not availability)
2. When training trainers, ensure there is a knowledgeable (and experienced) trainer available. This will be helpful to both the programme delegates, the trainer and the entire programme. Also, programme coordinator would do well to ensure comfort with knowledge, experience and communication (including presentation) skills of the in-development trainer
3. Split IB programme into specialisations (Trading Systems - Calypso; Trading Systems - Murex; Regulatory Streams - MiFID, EMIR, Frank-Dodd etc, Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control). This is more of a long-term suggestion
4. Create a BA/PM basics portion as part of the foundation of the course. This would be for the benefit of those who have not done any of these roles before. Otherwise, state clearly that knowledge and/or experience of these roles serve as a prerequisite for being part of the programme
5. Long term recommendation - Develop video training courses
Overall, a very useful programme, and certainly helped with confidence exploring opportunities in the Corporate Financial Services sector.
Review by Sleipnir3 years ago
I had been working in the financial industry for more than 20 years but having a clear understanding on the regulatory is always a big challenge. MIFID II implementation is a big challenge in the investment banking/Asset management industry. The interpretation of the MIFID II varies between the business functions and the departments, Miura Consulting gave me a practical insight of MIFID II impacting the business and departments and the methodical approach in implementing the regulatory laws. I was able to work with ease and confidence not only on MIFID II other regulatory areas as well.
I will definitely recommend Miura Consulting for anyone looking to implement MIFID II within the investment banking /asset management areas.
Review by Nishikawa Derrow3 years ago
I did not only acquire knowledge, Casey and Alex provided robust career development and express genuine interest in everyone's career success. Constantly innovating, improving and developing course design, course materials and method of teaching.
I'll recommend Miura Consulting as it's indeed a community that provides the atmosphere to be nurtured and grow as you network with other people who are hungry for success. The courses I did were indeed good value for money.
Review by Glarkson3 years ago
Miura introduced me to the financial industry with regards to financial products, systems and front to back office trading process.
Review by Rumaldo Shikosy3 years ago
If you are serious about a career in investment banking and/or a MIFID 2 compliance BA , then this is the course for you. The guys at Miura know their stuff, and have a wealth of information on the key front to back trading platforms. i.e. Murex, Calypso etc
They also know a thing or too regarding MIFID 2 and the other compliance regimes in place. Their course material is fairly detailed , and you will have to do your homework if you expect to retain what they teach you. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants a career in banking. They also help out with restarting your career, and polishing your CV up to spec.
Review by Adzo Derrow3 years ago
A great experience where I have I gained a clear and thorough understanding of Capital Markets. I met high profile individuals and received valuable knowledge and practical techniques through their programmes.
I am now working with them on various projects that definitely shape furthermore my skills and career in the Financial industry.
Review by Arunasish3 years ago
I want to say in my nearly 10 years of professional IT practice, I have completed various training and this is to confirm and affirm that Miura University training is second to none.
I recommend Miura University to any new joiners who wants to see light on their career path or those already in the industry who wish to achieve greater levels of success.
I am a living witness.
Review by Razir3 years ago
Training was excellent, location and classes were of high standard, I appreciated the fact that I had a little IB experience and classes were taken step by step to break down investment banking.....
If you're looking for getting IB knowledge this is the place from end to end
Review by Samji Eftimiou3 years ago
Excellent banking and finance consultancy - specialist regulatory consultancy. As a seasoned IB and WM professional, this is a very good place to up-skill your regulatory knowledge.
The personnel are very helpful and dedicated, guiding you through all stages and tutorials.
The Miura Consultancy regulatory projects - MIFID, EMIR, AIFMD, CRD IV, IOSCO, BCS 236, RING FENCE.
Review by RLTolentino3 years ago
Before Miura, I had been working in the city for about 3 years but didn't have a clear understanding of how front to back office were inter-linked. The training gave me an insight of how front to back office inter linked using the cubic- methodology.
I also covered OTC and ETD trade life cycles, Trading systems( Murex and Calypso)and Regulatory reforms.
On completing my training I had the opportunity to work on client projects ( both in-house and on-site) which has been beneficial to my career and even doubled my daily rate on my next assigment. I will definitely recommend Miura Consulting for any one looking for a change in careers or develop new skills within the financial services industry.
Review by Kuningaskuluttaja Kuno3 years ago
Miura really boosted my confidence to get started with my career banking sector and learnt lot about IB in short span of time.
Review by AnthonyTorti3 years ago
If you're between jobs/contracts or simply looking for a consultancy that has proven commercial experience and want to gain knowledge and a better understanding on how the front to back processes works in an investment bank across asset classes, or simply want to understand regulatory reporting, be it EMIR, MIFIR amongst others, then Miura is the one stop shop where you can achieve this.
This consultancy does have teething problems, in the sense that they are growing, and at a steady pace at that, and yes, they can probably improve on some of the structure of their development programmes, but what programme is perfect? What I like is that you have access to actual simulators in order to replicate real life examples of the trade lifecycle as you would come across this in industry.
I guess the main thing to really take away from this is that you need to supplement what you learn with your own reading and carry on evolving. Some people have the perception that by enrolling onto one of the development programmes such as the Investment Banking or MIFID II, you'll become an expert overnight, this simply isn't the case. You get out what you put in!
I'd probably have more to write, but i'm only 50% through the Investment Banking Programme and I've completed the MIFID II Programme last month. I can honestly say, I've learnt a lot so far, in regards to the front-to-back process and calculating and pricing financial instruments such as Bonds, Swaps etc. Can you learn this from a book? Ofcourse you can, but sometimes it really does help when you're taught by an ex-Bond trader.
In regards to the regulatory side of things, the MIFID II course is basically laws, and it is well explained in a structural manner broken down by business function.
If I find myself a MIFID II contract in the coming months when the market picks up, I would say that i'm able to articulate the laws in an interview and be able to complement that with the commercial experience I already have, having worked in an Investment Bank.
The network of consultants i've met has been great too.
That's all from me for now.
Good luck and really hope Miura keeps developing and getting better from the feedback they receive.
Review by Baisley3 years ago
The regulatory capital of London is Miua as youwill know frfom MIFID to EMIR to AIFMD to CRDIV. The effusive business like environment yet calm learning at Miura made it like home. There were varying opportunities to go through different trading platforms from front to back. Miura is a community for unrivalled project professionals.
Review by Ejaria Kaldr3 years ago
Muira Consulting IB development programme gave me excellent exposure to the investment banking space. I Was able to use the experience gained to re-enter the investment banking world and secure a PM role within treasury. The trainers are passionate and knowledgeable and the course material is great. With a bit of time and effort the IB development programme was definitely a worthwhile investment. Highly recommended.
Review by DeeBaeBeeDee Diel3 years ago
My experience at Miura Consulting is very top notch, with highly skilled professionals delivering subject matters training on current regulatory programme, with hands-on practical opportunities.
Miura is the place: to get professionally equip if you plan to specialise in regulatory space within investment firms.
Review by Quantia3 years ago
I was very happy with the training course. It is delivered by experienced teachers who are involve in the investment banking business on a regular basis.
Review by Cerabret Adenvi3 years ago
I have had a fabulous experience with Miura development Programmes. My Investment Banking anthena now receives signals from unbeatable channels. The regulatory compliance experience is second to none from EMIR to MIFID I, MIFID ii and many more. Miura has created a great family work environment for everyone here and I am so pleased that I am now a part of this family.
I highly recommend Miura' s programmes to anyone that wants to go very far in investment Banking.
Review by SmallsBeCrushin3 years ago
Having expected Miura to be fully knowledgeable about MiFID II I found they were only slightly less in the dark than me which probably explains why the days were so short. So, we were all given lots of practical homework to analyse MiFID II, which was a useful exercise but I could have done that at home and same the £1,000 fee instead.
Also, the course was all hyped up that we'd be on £1,000/day by Jan 2016. No sign of that!
Review by Kafka3 years ago
Miura Consulting made my dream come alive. Very practical and excellent training. I would recommend always.
Review by SunnysideChick3 years ago
As an 'Ex JPMorgan' Project Manager, and having worked with Infrastructure Technology across business units and all asset classes, 'Miura Consulting' provided valuable insight and in-depth training to recognise how the trade-life cycle and relevant internal/external business functions/systems interact. This knowledge was key in understanding the challenges faced by the industry in areas of regulation, past, present and future.
With the structured approach related to MiFID II training and using the 'Miura Consulting' MiFID II methodology allowed valuable insight to the depth of the challenge by providing a comprehensive template for consultants pursuing this area.
I am currently pursuing a specialism in MiFID II impact in the IB Technology sector e.g. HFT, Co-Lo, and Trading Venues, etc, and am confident 'Miura Consulting' can support my goal to be a competent consultant in this area.
Review by Mrlgs3 years ago
I've had the pleasure of becoming part of the Miura community through one of their MiFID2 courses in the early stages. I remember a lot of people being sceptic about the impact that such a course would have on their careers, but they were the ones that didn't really understand the concept behind this one of a kind venture to create a community of skilled analysts and subject matter experts from scratch, to build the core of a dynamic consultancy firm with access to an extensive knowledge base. It is a project quite revolutionary for its industry, and it definitely helped me to get a broader view of the business consulting scene.
I've gained knowledge through courses, experience by taking part in projects, network by meeting a lot of people with various backgrounds, even tried myself out presenting, but most of all i've gained that professional confidence that finally led me to succeed in my career. For the big question of "did joining Miura actually help you nail a contract?" my answer is an obvious yes.
Traded Risk Transformation
Review by MissPC3 years ago
As an IT professional wishing to get into or already in Banking, you may wish to expand your knowledge in certain business areas. Such courses either don't exist or the cost and time is prohibitive.
The Miura Consulting Fundamentals in Front to Back Investment Banking and training in the latest Banking Regulation is so comprehensive that it gives unparalleled confidence within the shortest possible time.
Review by RobinW3 years ago
The tutors are always late. The materials they present you can get them from the internet. You will not get a job after the course. It is a total waste of money.
Miura Consulting is rated 5.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about miuraconsulting.co.uk.