WARNING: DO NOT SIGN UP WITH IPRIMUS! I've been a customer of theirs for 15 years now and recently I requested to connect to the NBN. This is what I've experienced since then:
1) They made an appointment, then no one turned up on the day and they tried to blame me for it - I was home all day and did not receive a call or SMS telling me they had missed my appointment
2) When I called to make a new appointment the following day, they told me the NBN guy already came to my house. I said no he/she didn't because I was here all day and no one came. They kept on saying "We have a report that says they came" and I have to keep arguing that NO ONE CAME!
3) After about 3 weeks someone finally came and connected me to the NBN. I was without internet for 3 days until finally I was online again.
4) I have experienced outages and poor speeds every single hour of every day since connecting to the NBN. iPrimus constantly tells me to contact NBNco, and NBNco keeps telling me to contact iPrimus. My average speeds in the evenings are 6kb/s, slower than dial-up.
5) Today I spent 4 hours with the technical support people who kept on telling me to do stupid things like "check your neighbour's internet speed" and "go outside and see if it's raining". Finally they said, and I have screenshots of them telling me this on live chat, "Our speak times are between 10am and 2am the following day, so we recommend you use the internet outside out peak times." I said "Are you kidding me?! You expect me to believe that you cannot provide any speed at all unless I go online after 2am but before 10am?" They said "That's right, even if you sign up to the Premium 100 plan (which I currently am on) you can expect poor service during our peak times."
6) While their website states their technical support is available until 11pm Monday to Sunday, this is not true - they are only open during business hours on Monday-Friday.
Review by Yamazaki Waidele5 months ago
Tired of their drop outs every week we loose the internet about 11.30pm for 1 hour they must do something to stuff it up I pay for a 24/7 bill they should supply connections 24/7 not 23/7
Review by SuzieC Selyutin10 months ago
Do not use this lot. It is the most painful experience ever.. constant drop outs is ridiculous and even after getting a newer modem, its gotten worse. NBN is suppose to be better but it is even shitter than before .
I chose this company because they said they could have our internet connected in three days which was critical for us, they took six weeks. I spent hours on the phone to these people, mostly on hold and it has cost me over $100 in calls and had to take time off work. They are extremely hard to understand and seem to be poorly trained. iprimus charged us two monthly payments before they had even connected us. They claimed the fault was at our end even though three technicians had informed them otherwise, in fact, two technicians explained to them what the fault was but they still would not listen. Finally, they did listen and the problem was fixed in 15 minutes. No apology, no compensation just another bill. Worst company I have ever dealt with.
Review by Rejuan1 year ago
Internet service is fine but customer service is poor. Just making contact is difficult, nobody seem to there? Chat is never available and the App does very little and doesnt deliver what it claims. There catch phrase is “flexible” ? Not the case!
Review by DaBriel Onaca1 year ago
I've had issues ever since I joined them. I'm on the line to their terrible tech and customer service people at least one a month usually more. Tens of minutes on hold, employees that repeat everything you say ten times but resolve nothing. When you get off the phone you want to hurl your pc, lap top, ipad, yourself out of a window.
Everything takes 24-48 hours to get done.
Save yourselves, go somewhere else, even if it's steam driven internet.
Review by Kahanit1 year ago
Appalling. Avoid at all costs. Don’t try to disconnect as they won’t release your line to allow you to go to another provider. Will NEVER deal with them again.
Would give no stars if I could.
Review by Timbuk8 years ago
Good Internet Service Providers and deals with good value. iPrimus is a broadband and phone provider.
Review by Wadsworth9 years ago
After changing some plans we will get better internet, yet they jipped me and my family for a couple of years
iPrimus is rated 2.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about iprimus.com.au.