I have been with Hivelocity for a couple of months now, and they have awesome support and a very reliable network. Their support team always goes above and beyond.
Review by Arguan4 months ago
Our company (a large game server hosting provider) utilized Hivelocity across a few months in 2018 and then again in 2019. TL;DR: Pass on Hivelocity if you are a business.
In 2018, we ran 10+ systems before migrating to another provider. During this time we encountered the following issues:
- Our account contacts consistently had issues logging in to our control panel and the billing panel. The only explanation was that they were migrating from usernames to emails on both platforms. No-one seemed to be able to fix this or did not care enough to look into the issue further.
- Slow ticket response times. In our case billing issues or technical issues took 24+ hours for a response.
- Unfriendly pricing models. As the amount of RAM in our systems increased, the cost per GB of RAM increased. Contrary to other providers, purchasing in bulk yielded a higher overall cost in terms of the RAM rather than lowering the cost. They were unwilling to work with us on this.
After cancelling our account, our account manager touched on the response time issue, promising a change, and justified that for our specific configuration on RAM, their expense was higher due to difficulty finding the RAM. None of our other providers have this issue with the exact same configuration.
A few months after cancellation, they reached back out regarding new locations they were offering. We were interested in two and were told that we would get quotes by Friday that week. Those quotes never came - we ended up sourcing other providers for those locations, which grew quickly into tens of servers.
In 2019, we returned as we had need of servers in their area quickly and wanted to utilize their instant provisioning. Over two weeks, we encountered the following issues:
- All instant provisioning orders (3 so far) took 1 hour or more and a back-and-forth with support as something always "went wrong" with the order. The support team had to process the order manually.
- Login issues. They still don't have this under control. Immediately after creating a new account, I was unable to log in. Support had to reset our password manually in order for us to be able to log in to the billing system. They still used the excuse that they were in development.
- Poor response quality. A server for instant provisioning stopped responding later in the day. After sending in a ticket, I received this response: "The server doesn't respond can try to reboot it." And that's it.
- No attention to detail. In the same issue referenced above, another representative restarted the server and claimed it was fixed. It was not, as was evident via a traceroute or ping to the server's IP. I asked this agent if he tested this prior to responding to me. 15 minutes later, he responded that yes, he did test it and it was working. Magically, it worked but only after his affirmation that he tested the server.
- No willingness to help. The system I've been mentioning has recurring connection issues. Support doesn't seem to want to find the source of this problem - they just want to reboot the system and call it fixed when the IP starts pinging again. This has been ongoing for 9 days now.
Hivelocity might be fine for personal use on one or two servers, but if you are a business that is looking for a long-term provider, pass on this one as they do not seem able or willing to offer the level of service required to maintain corporate clients.
Hivelocity Hosting is rated 3.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about hivelocity.net.
Woodland Center Boulevard 8010