Apartment was fine but worst host and check in experience ever due to non-responsiveness and rude host.
There was a delay in my flight which resulted in a next day arrival instead. I have sent multiple emails the day before my flight, to inform about the delay and confirm the location for key collection which is a taxi ride away from the apartment. I only got a reply 2 hours after I touched down in Sydney airport and I was already on my way to the initial communicated location. There was a change in collection location but their email communications were very late and unclear.
As I was unaware of the change in location, I called their hotline for help on key collection since I did not have an umbrella, already drenched, ushering 2 elderly and travelling with luggages for 4 people. It was also our first day and first time in Sydney so we are unfamiliar with the roads. The host passed me the key and very sarcastically commented “Thank you for making me come all the way from my office, missing all the calls, getting drenched just to pass you these keys. Thank you very much. I hope you have a pleasant stay.”
I did go to the wrong collection location but it was due to non-responsiveness and delays in communicating the collection location. Upon feedback to Furnished Properties on this incident, they did not agree that this is bad customer service despite the sarcastic remark to their clients. It seems like this is the norm for them but I hope other travellers will not have to go through this. Unresponsiveness, unhelpful and sarcastic host has made the check-in extra painful and dampened our spirits on the first day of our arrival. I will not recommend Furnished Properties to other travellers.
Review by Linyepeng1 year ago
The apartment is well-equipped and clean. Cleaners will come regularly. The house manage, i.e. Bruno, is a very nice gay and helped me a lot.
Review by Kenyetta2 years ago
I don't really know where to start with these guys, but they are honestly one of the worst companies I have dealt with in my entire life.
First issue was that the property we originally wanted to rent and was shown as available was given away to another customer. Being flexible we agree on another property, we were offered this at a discounted rate, however had to correct the customer service rep when they sent the invoice as they were then actually trying to charge us more. No worries, still ok, these things happen.
Communication was pre tty average to start with, however we managed to confirm that our payment was received and that early check in would be possible from noon on the day of our arrival.
Lo and behold when we arrived and contacted FP they told us that they weren't aware of early check in and that we'd have to wait. After complaining about this they finally grudgingly agreed to come down and let us check in.
This is where the real fun started.
Upon our arrival we were greeted with:
- When we opened the dishwasher it had not been unpacked. In addition, the dishwasher had clearly not been opened since it was last run. This meant that the dishwasher and the items inside it absolutely stank.
- After re-running the dishwasher to try to get rid of the smell we unpacked the dishwasher only to find that there were many, many very dirty items inside it. Large chunks of old food were stuck on knives and serving spoons, a large (and dinted) pan has burnt food stuck onto it and a mug has very large mold sots still inside it (see pictures for more details).
- Owning to the state of the only two provided pots and pans (one very dirty and damaged and the other
with burn marks so bad that it would be difficult to cook anything in it) we actually had to leave and ourselves purchase pans to cook with. Given that we have rented a fully furnished apartment with an apparent "complete" kitchen this is very annoying and disappointing.
- The dishwasher, oven and kitchen cupboards and handles were stained with multiple greasy fingerprints, drip marks and even some residual food. It seems that the kitchen was not wiped down after at least the last customer, perhaps not even prior to that.
- Inside the cupboards we found more dishes and cups that were still dirty and two glasses that were broken. This is a severe and unacceptable safety hazard as I could have easily cut myself badly had I reached in to take a glass without realising they were significantly broken.
- The top of the kettle was covered in grime.
- Walls in the bedroom were stained with dark liquid drips and we found bugs squished on the walls and left there.
- The upstairs balcony (which is advertised to have a nice sitting arrangement) is littered with broken pegs and leaves. The front balcony also has accumulated trash and weeds are growing.
- The shower has some significant black mould growth (I appreciate that the bathroom is older and sometimes tiles / edging are stained and can't be cleaned - but mould can be cleaned off).
- The duvet was badly stained underneath with some sort of white / beige crust.
- After running the dishwasher last night and discovering that it did not work very well, my husband discovered that in the waste catchment drain area there are very large shards of glass blocking the drain. This suggests that someone unpacked those broken glasses into the cupboard and ignored the shards in the dishwasher. I hope I don't have to spell out how unacceptable that is.
- The oven does not work. When we turn the oven on, the light at the front switches on - indicating that the oven has power - but no light or fan or element comes on inside. We regularly cook with an oven and would like this seen to ASAP.
- The remote for the AC unit upstairs has dead batteries, is missing the cover for the battery compartment and has a very sticky stain on the back of it as well as having not been serviced and being full of dust.
After contacting furnished properties, we received a very blasé response, advising that they would send a cleaner around to sort things out. No apology, if anything this seemed like a routine email, to a routine complaint.
The cleaner herself was very friendly and apologetic, however did not come equipped with all the cleaning stuff she needed, she said she would talk to management at FP and probably return. She never did.
More issues were raised with FP and finally it was agreed that they refunded us the cleaning fee as well as a couple of days accommodation in addition to our security deposit, 5 days after check out.
It took me no less than 10 phone calls as well as about as many emails to finally get Vincent and co to pull their finger out and pay what they promised. I am a firm believer in 's**t happens - it's how you clean it up that really matters' however these guys just kept soiling themselves when it comes to customer service and screwing me at literally every turn. Promises went unanswered for a long time until I finally had enough and cc'ed in email address at stayz.com.au, the company we originally booked through. 15 minutes later I did receive the full refund, a full 2 weeks after I was originally promised this would happen.
I don't believe these guys have any idea when it comes to customer service, nor do they know how to run a business which in essence is all about supplying a clean apartment and addressing customer issues well as and when they come about.
If I could give them a lower score I would, do not deal with these guys if you value your sanity. You have been warned.
Review by LennyVazques2 years ago
I would never use this Company again. Booked 2/22 fontenoy Road, north ryde. Unprofessional, false advertise property, old photos used, misleading to the public plus extremely rude. Charge cleaning fee to everyone and place was dirty.
I have used stayz.com before but dealt directly with owners and had no problems.
Use another site besides these people lots of great service around.
Review by Ivorene2 years ago
I've had about 10 of my parishioners referred to Furnished Properties. each one staying roughly 2 weeks and some up to 2-3 months. I've also referred people to this company.
1. I had a lady stay in the Camperdown 2 bedroom apartment and she complained that there were mosquitoes coming through the balcony shutters and into her room. This went on throughout her whole stay.
2. One of the apartments my friend stayed in at Glebe, the table and chairs outside on the balcony area were a bit rundown and part of the table was starting to cave in.
3. Another occasion I had a lady booked in for 3 months at the Glebe apartments. Due to Brendan's e-mails concerning payment from the tenant, she could not understand him and was quite upset, she felt stupid like she couldn't understand when she speaks fluent English.
4. I had another lady stay for about 2 1/2 weeks in the Glebe 1 bedroom apartment. When she left the $425 bond should have been returned to her credit card. she left on the 24th of Aug. 27th Aug I e-mailed Brendan asking about her bond, he said it would be done by the 1st of Sept. By the 5th of Sept it still had not been returned. I would expect that Brendan would take some care to see that it did arrive if that's what he said.
5. Another lady wanted some light bulb fixed in her apartment in Glebe, she had to make phone calls to three different people in the Furnished Apartments office and was referred several times and was told "sorry Brendan did not pass on the information".
6. I had another lady stay in a 2 bedroom apartment in Pyrmont with her family. The guy that checked us in said he would meet us at 1pm, he arrived at about 1:25pm. We waited outside.
When this same tenant moved out, her child had damaged the leather couch in the apartment. Brendan e-mailed her saying she needed to pay $1,000 for the damage as that's how much they cost. Very uprupt communication.
7. I found Rich to be helpful, friendly and prompt.
8. I find Brendan's responses to my e-mails and my parishioners to be brief and precise but lacking friendliness and real care.
Review by Obciana Haval3 years ago
I stayed in one of Furnished Properties' apartments for 26 days in August 2016. This is the 3rd time over the past 5 years....
I feel compelled to write a review for the first time as I sincerely believe that credit needs to be given where credit is due.
The interaction with FP representatives via email throughout the booking process was informative, timely and prompt with hardly any query area not being covered by their responses.
The apartment exceeded mine and my family's expectations and quite frankly good value for money.
However the most relevant feedback is the prompt support and assistance provided by them when we locked ourselves outside the apartment and in the basement....
There are plenty of alternatives in the Sydney market, but I am glad that the people at FP recognize that the main factor (after the price and how nice the apartment is) will always be the support of the management team when they are needed.
Review by Sazmac3 years ago
I recently booked an appartment with Vincent through Airbnb.
However,not long after I had done this ,I realised that I had made a mistake and had hit the 'book now' button .
Vincent was kind in accepting my apology and immediately gave me a refund .
However ,his integrity shone through as a few weeks later ,he reminded me that Airbnb had not taken the rest of my money (I e £600 or so ) from his account . Because I was planning an exciting trip to Australia ,this somehow got overlooked on my behalf . Thank you again Vincent for you're honesty and I would certainly book with this company if ever in Oz again . It really is nice to see some honest and decent people still exist !!!
Review by Moboy4 years ago
I stayed in the Surry Hills Apartment from Furnished Properties, and it was such a great experience I had to write about it. The apartment was even more beautiful than it was online! It was totally comfortable, the kitchen was awesome, and I felt right at home as soon as I got there. I will seriously never stay in a hotel again! I travel to Sydney a lot for business, and this will definitely be a new favorite place of mine in the city. It's in such a great location too, I just can't speak highly enough. Can't wait to come back!
Review by RoystonWoods4 years ago
Recommended to me by friends who had used their services before, we found Furnished Properties Pty Ltd professional to deal with, swift with email replies and overall the booking experience was stress free. Arrival was easy and Joe was very informative and friendly. The apartment lived up to expectations and the location in Surry Hills was just what we were after. Thanks Joe and the team at Furnished Properties Pty Ltd.
Review by MrSulewski IanandFiona4 years ago
I’m very happy with Furnished Properties Pty Ltd, they provide me perfect furnished accommodation in Sydney. Adrian was so helpful answering all my questions about my apartment in Balmain, and I have to say that I couldn’t be more satisfied about my new home. I absolutely recommend these people!
Review by ShuC4 years ago
My family and I rented a house from Furnished Properties in Sydney for a month, From the moment we made the reservation we knew we had made the right choice.
On our arrival, we were collected at airport and we were driven by Brendan to our accommodation, we rented a four bedroom property as we wanted a room each and no sharing and a garden was a must. We could not have asked for better, even a hot tub out in the garden, perfect.
During our stay, we contacted Furnished Properties a few times with different questions and every time we got instant answers.
The property was as advertised and was spotless and the location was unbeatable.
We would highly recommend Furnished Properties for a stay in Sydney and we would use again when we return next year.
Furnished Properties Pty Ltd is rated 4.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about furnishedproperties.com.au.