been paid user for almost a year, not a great service, the login pop-up tends to stay stuck, when signing up- for example this site. wish they would drop the VPN and drop the price.
Review by Lesstewart Mayrhofer2 years ago
Love the way Dashlane works on my Mac...filling in username and password securely upon opening up a password protected website if I've signed on to Dashlane, filling in CC infor ONLY after re entering password. App doesn't do this on iPad/iPhone, or at lease I don't know how to get this desirable performance enabled. Great on Mac, inconvenient on iPad and iPhone
Review by Shonk3 years ago
I have owned Dashlane both as a iPhone and on my Windows 10 desktop (two computers).
Pros: Ultimately works, but not without a ton of hassle.
1) Want IMHO a high fee to sync passwords across platforms or multiple computers.
2) Too complicated. They got cutesy with the security - you have to log in upon boot/startup, and again every time you switch browsers or tabs, computer sleeps, etc. The level of security should be customize-able.
3) Once you HAVE ALREADY SIGNED INTO YOUR MASTER ACCOUNT, Dashlane still hides passwords from view. Sometimes you can click an eyeball icon to reveal your password, but sometimes that doesn't work. There is no need for this extra step since there is no real security involved.
4) Dashlane often accepts duplicates. I have to periodically go through and weed out extras.
5) Dashlane often repeats requests to "help out" and fill in passwords, even if this is not desired.
6) The interface is not clean, can be confusing.
7) The interface needs to be customize-able to a greater degree to make it easier - some sites accept an account name, some a login id, some an email address. You only get one confusing label with Dashlane.
The bottom line is that I never would have purchased Dashlane if I had known what I was getting. But... I have it now. I wish Dashlane would allow features to be turned off in a setup page and hide functions. All I really need is a simple encrypted bucket for my iPhone that I can sync back to my computer for archiving from time to time. I don't need autofill, a multitude of complex and unwanted security features, or anything like that - just a place to store passwords so I don't forget. It really is that simple. I need a Dashlane Lite.
Dashlane is rated 4.0 based on
Write A Review
(It only takes 30 seconds!)
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about dashlane.com.