Here is my experience with Backstreet Surveillance. I bought an Elite 8 camera NVR with five PoE cameras last year (2019).
1. Camera image is very good
2. Most cameras can display color images under low light conditions.
3. So far, they've honored their 5 year warranty.
4. Their technical support team is friendly and helpful. They can connect remotely to the NVR and help you resolve some technical issues.
1. The PoE cameras are completely unreliable. The failure rate for my cameras is 100%. All five cameras have stopped working in less than 1 year and have been replaced. This was completely unexpected given their price point (premium). Every time a camera fails, you have to go through a lot of work (uninstall the camera, package it, ship it back and wait several weeks to receive a replacement. Then you have to install it - make sure to keep the package because these cameras do not last long before they fail again).
2. The NVR's processor is not powerful enough to playback all 5 cameras simultaneously (although the NVR can support up to 8 cameras).
3. The NVR loses it's time synchronization and it you have to adjust it's time periodically. I've called support and they've verified that I have the latest firmware but these problems cannot be fixed.
4. Technical support staff is limited and you need to call multiple times to follow up (although slow, they are friendly and helpful but don't expect a fast response all the time).
These cameras were installed under the roof (not exposed to the elements) and the connectors and fittings were enclosed in electrical boxes designed for exterior use with silicone applied all around the box. Inside the box, the cables were protected with generous amounts of electrical tape... there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that water would get into the fittings/connector areas.
The fact that ALL my cameras have failed (100% failure rate) makes it very improbable that all connectors and fittings are bad. In addition, when I examine the playback videos, I can see the specific points in time in which the cameras lose connectivity and it happens at predictable times during the day (regardless if it rains or not) and there is NO humidity in the area.
Review by Fatimzehra4 months ago
Returned a defective dvr. First they sent me the wrong replacement dvr. Then they send me a dvr without a hard drive. What good is a dvr without a hard drive? After 3 months of waiting, I purchased a hard drive from amazon. Currently disputing the $300 charge with my credit card company.
Backstreet Surveillance is rated 4.0 based on
Write A Review
(It only takes 30 seconds!)
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about backstreet-surveillance.com.