I should start by saying I don't often times write reviews unless the service was either exceptional or so miserable that I want to warn others to please AVOID! This is the latter.
This morning I noticed that beneath the door was a receipt for $20 for my parking spot. Confused at the charge since it was not mentioned, I called the front desk and spoke with the manager of the property, a woman by the name of Carey. As I began explaining to Carey that the representative checking me in never said anything about a fee, I was bluntly cut-off with "No, he actually always tells customers about the parking fee.". Taken back and a little confused as to whether or not this woman had just told me that I was lying or not, I started over. I very clearly and slowly described the check-in process and was cut off two more times before I had really explained why I was upset.
I thought to myself, this is only $20 and I don't care so much about it as parking would likely cost something similar down the road, but now wanted her superior to hear how this was being handled. After all, a simple apology would have ended things and would have been a very managerial response. With an eyebrow half raised, I asked to speak with her superior and that's when I had the experience of speaking with Cara. The arrogance continued much to my surprise. I started with Cara and was cut off AGAIN! She asked me if I also noticed that the form i signed when checking in stated I would pay tax and then why I wasn't complaining about paying state mandated tax.... Cara is the head of HR. The lack of class at a facility in such a service focused city was so uncharming that I strongly suggest you spend your money elsewhere. The rooms are fine, the continental breakfast was something you'd get at any motel across the country, and there are so many hotels in this part of town that focus on customer service that a stop here really makes no sense. Charleston is classly town. The management of this hotel is classless. Definitely one of the worst experiences I've ever had with customer service at a hotel.
Review by Cred3 years ago
My husband and I spent three nights at the Ansonborough Inn in June, 2016. We stayed in a suite on the ground floor that had recently been added. It was directly above the basement. Two of the three nights that we were at the Ansonborough, it rained very hard. Swamp gas was emitted from the basement and I became so ill that I thought I was dying. I could not even walk across the room by myself. When we left the hotel during the day, I would start feeling better. It was not until the morning after the third night that we learned it was swamp gas poisoning me. I had never even heard of swamp gas. Please be careful. I do not want anyone else to become as sick as I did. It took me a month to recover. The hotel manager did not even apologize for making me so sick.
Ansonborough Inn is rated 1.0 based on
Trust Mamma Reviews
Our reviews are aggregated from multiple sources to give you the best overview about ansonboroughinn.com.